Car insurance cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter from my car insurance advising that I had missed a payment, at the same time I recieved the letter the insurance company rang me to speak to me about a renewal. After the renewal conversation I told the lady I had to pay a missed payment and could she look into it, she told me there was nothing on file and that I should wait for further communication.

The next letter I recieve is a cancellation notice. Which says they are cancelling my insurance and not letting me keep my no claims.

I rang the insurance company to see what this was about and the lady told me since I had missed my last payment my insurance has been cancelled and I have been charged a cancellation fee of double my monthly payment.

She mentioned over and over that I had missed a payment and it was my responsibilty to keep up with my payments, which I fully understand. However what I kept pointing out to her is that I did speak to the company about making payment and that I was told to wait for further communication.

Do I have a case for getting back my no claims and the cancellation fee they have charged me?

Regards,

Ste

Just had a call from the insurers, they are prepared to release my no claims as the cancellation was 2 days before the end of the policy. However I still want the cancellation fee they have charged me.