Lee v Barclays

lee2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I sent my 1st letter to Barclays at beginning of september asking for a list of charges for the last six years.

Today (9th sept) they replied saying they aren't under any obligation to send a list of charges but can send me all past statements and i'll receive these in the next few weeks. Then they wrote a load of stuff to try and confuse me, and i think it did lol but i dont think all that was important anyway.

Am i on the right path so far?

Thanks

Lee

hi

yes you are on the right path you just wait for up to 40 days to receive your statements to arrive, i printed off a step by step guide and it is very helpful to read through. Barclays have until 9th Oct to send my statements.

Best of luck to you.

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

I am a week behind you. Only sent off S.A.R. letter a couple of days ago. But it just shows they will try anything to confuse us.

who do they think they are!

Welcome car finance - Won 19/10/06

Barclays - Offered 48% said no

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Finally got all my statements back and i've worked it out that they now owe me 1575, can't believe how these charges add up.

Do i send the letter now asking for that amount back?

Hope everyone elses cases are going well ;)

Hi Lee.

Next step is to send the preliminary request letter from the letter templates library.

Click on this link for the letter......

Just copy and paste into word, edit the bank details and send it off.

If you don't have Word, Wordpad works as well, just set it up to suit your printer.

When you send your request letter,n send your schedule (list) of payments being reclaimed. The easiest way to do this is to use a spreadsheet to list all your charges. When completed, save it on your P.C. because you will need it again.

Click on this link for spreadsheet templates....

Just print it out and include it with your letter.

Good luck with your claim.:)

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I've just used the template and totted up the charges to £1490 plus 296 (8%) if it goes to court. Does it matter if i send the template off with the 8% on even tho im not claiming it yet or best i delete it?

In the statements i had they sent a couple of duplicates which threw me for a couple of minutes the cheeky @@@@@@@@

Also it is ok to claim for UNPAIDS OUT......... UNAUTH O/D FEE....... AND PAID REFERRAL Isnt it?

Thanks Lee

I've just used the template and totted up the charges to £1490 plus 296 (8%) if it goes to court. Does it matter if i send the template off with the 8% on even tho im not claiming it yet or best i delete it?

Save the s/s (for use at court), then delete the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as schedule of charges

Also it is ok to claim for UNPAIDS OUT......... UNAUTH O/D FEE....... AND PAID REFERRAL Isnt it?

All claimable

• 2 months later...

Hi

I've done my mcol claim and it was issued on the 28th nov.

Do i wait 14 days for them to acknowledge it then if they dont i do a judgement?

I havnt received anything in the post about my claim either is this right?

Is the normal thing that happens is barclays say they will file a defence then file it then i get a court date then they just pay up then or do some people get there money before that?

Thanks for any help

Lee

Issued on Nov 28th, deemed served Dec 3rd. They have till Dec17th to acknowledge and Dec 31st to defend.

Thanks for your help michael.

How will i know that they have acknowledged, will they send me a letter or will the court send me one or will i know by the mcol website somehow?

It will show against the claim on MCOL website and the court will subsequently notify you by post.

I cant see where on there it would say they have acknowledged it.

I Didnt receive anything in the post about my claim, im due to do my judgement on monday 18th but im not sure if its gone wrong,

Does it seem right whats happening?