Well Mbna Whats Going On

nigel J sellick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why dont you try Garath or Paul on the same number?

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

Just tried that number spoke to paul who apologised for the mix up with mr bailey i explained that i thought the charges were not reflecting what they actually owed me and said that id except them but i still wanted the full amount that i sould see on my subject access request... he told me that the print out they sent me was for all the charges i have been charged so there wasnt really a need to get the SAR but i told him i have had nasty phone calls from agents on there behalf which have been that rude ive put the phone down on them and that it has caused me untold stress ..........he promised to call me back within the hour lets see what he comes up with they offered me 310 there print out says 625 what do you think i should accept?

Did you try and prompt him for a payment - I found Paul quite helpful to deal with.

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

Sorry just read the previous page of this thread - so the phone call got your offer up to £610 - not bad for a phone call - now phonew him back tomorrow and say that you have thought about it - and if they will also add the compound interest owed,then you will settle there and then.

Good Luck mate

Explain that the interest is the part that they have already charged you on top of the penatly - if MBNA dont want to paly ball then you will have to the long route VIA MCOL.

I must admitt that I always insisted that I was going to claim compound interest in my Prelim letter and LBA. I will post up a copy of my LBA later when I get home but I added something like this

"Charges of XXXXX plus compound interest, which I will allow you to calculate"

sorry to hijack the thread, but since phone calls seem to work with mbna - im trying to find out about my charges but im no longer a customer. could i call and ask for my old account number? and maybe get an offer there an then over the phone?

of course that would be too good to be true.

Well done evryone. sticking it to the credit card people. i just LOVE IT!

Threads merged.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Moneyclaim on Line. You can use this to start your court claim, or file an N1 form with your local court. It is all in the FAQ's and step by step instructions.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well spoke to Paul at mbna again he looked at my account and said that the only compound interest they could work out was £169.19p and told me they will credit my account with that as that the interest charged on my charges i have asked them for my copy statements as originally requested. He said there is now a back log and i should get them in about 10 days.... He did hjowever point out that i can only claim the interest on charges is this correct? they gave me goodwill payment 310.00 then i refused a further payment of 300.00 and i asked for interest and a further payment of 170.00 =£780.00 you think they are still not showing me the true picture as not seen my statements yet as they never returned my SAR as originally requested

It is only the interest on the charges. You can't claim all interest.