• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fuzz, they accepted it on the second attempt with no questions asked. Might have been Barclays paying off the courts to delay things :) I submitted it about a week ago now. How long did it take before you had any kind of response? Thanks

I think within 10 days, Lankus. They have to work to deadlines I believe with processing small claims. I got the claim number to quote on all correspondence. After that the court manages all the to-ing and fro-ing and sends various forms you and Barclays have to return by certain dates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FOS ORDERS BPF TO REPAY LOAN!

Details here on the 'Latest News' page.....

http://adventstudents.webs.com/apps/blog/

Although this student was with Property Professionals their situation and issues with BPF are the same as those of us who were with Advent and Access so this is very hopeful for anyone approaching FOS or small claims court against BPF now.

I have no detail of the case made and this is all I know, taken from the FOS decision letter, so please don't contact me for advice/more info. Thanks.

Although this student was with Property Professionals their situation and issues with BPF are the same as those of us who were with Advent and Access so this is very hopeful for anyone approaching FOS or small claims court against BPF now.

I have no detail of the case made and this is all I know, taken from the FOS decision letter, so please don't contact me for advice/more info. Thanks.

Fantastic news! Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end to this mess!

Hi Fuzz, How are you?

Thank you for the mail very encouraging news. I have not understood all along the line why exactly this point wasn't being upheld before with the FOS. The crux of mis-selling is the fact we were encouraged to sign on the promise of being placed in work within 3 months and I'm sure we all have the letter with the promise of expected earnings.Same as the PP case We were Misled. I'm sure this still should have the same result for Guarantors as we were duped in the first place. I'm still being hounded by Apex but just ignore them it's just token gestures by them chancing their luck.

Good luck! Fuzz take it you're still waiting they'll be scared to open the floodgates likely. :scared:

Hiya Guys,

I was digging through my old emails and came across my correspondance from when the course was being sold to me. Hmm. this particular email is pretty damning! what do you guys think

Oh cool it’s nice to have someone you know who confirms that you are doing the right thing.

I’ll look out for your paperwork.

One thing I ask of you……when you make your 1st £35,000 you can buy me a bottle of champagne ha ha. Crystal would be nice it’s only £220 a bottle!

Take care and don’t forget, anything else you need to know just get in touch. It would be nice if you could drop me a line when you start your course to let me know how you’re doing.

GOOD LUCK

name omitted, to protect the not very innocent. :sad:

Hiya Guys,

I was digging through my old emails and came across my correspondance from when the course was being sold to me. Hmm. this particular email is pretty damning! what do you guys think

Oh cool it’s nice to have someone you know who confirms that you are doing the right thing.

I’ll look out for your paperwork.

One thing I ask of you……when you make your 1st £35,000 you can buy me a bottle of champagne ha ha. Crystal would be nice it’s only £220 a bottle!

Take care and don’t forget, anything else you need to know just get in touch. It would be nice if you could drop me a line when you start your course to let me know how you’re doing.

GOOD LUCK

name omitted, to protect the not very innocent. :sad:

Hey Mustard,

Guess he's had his Crystal Champagne then :lol: That was all they harped on about about earning big money such liars of course that was the carrot

Hiya Guys,

Hey Mustard,

Guess he's had his Crystal Champagne then :lol: That was all they harped on about about earning big money such liars of course that was the carrot

Edited by Bluedo
Sorry for double post I altered the first as it gave me an error message

yeah you can appeal or get in touch with your adjudicator and they may have another look, im waiting to see what happens with fuzzy before i do anything now.

thanks for you e-mail...I look to contact my adjudicator this week. Will keep CAG posted...I paid up the full amount, so it would be good to sort this out.

Yes, as Mustard said. Good luck.Bluedo - yes, it's encouraging indeed. If weak-willed old FOS can manage that decision I can't see a judge not doing likewise and yes, that sign up letter we all got with salary details etc as discussed with the sales rep is very damning. It shows it was discussed, even if no other promises were made in writing.Once my case has been to court I'll link up the brochure/leaflets to my Advent student website as they really DO state clearly that students were placed in jobs and even has quotes about their brilliant new job, thanks to Advent Careers. I won't yet as don't want to clue up BPF as to what I have so far but these are undeniable. Some of you may already have some of them, depending on what you received in your info pack from the rep.

Yes, as Mustard said. Good luck.Bluedo - yes, it's encouraging indeed. If weak-willed old FOS can manage that decision I can't see a judge not doing likewise and yes, that sign up letter we all got with salary details etc as discussed with the sales rep is very damning. It shows it was discussed, even if no other promises were made in writing.Once my case has been to court I'll link up the brochure/leaflets to my Advent student website as they really DO state clearly that students were placed in jobs and even has quotes about their brilliant new job, thanks to Advent Careers. I won't yet as don't want to clue up BPF as to what I have so far but these are undeniable. Some of you may already have some of them, depending on what you received in your info pack from the rep.

Any news on court date yet?

we are waiting on this.. and cheering you on.

I am still waiting for the other students to chip in with court fees so that lawyer who will be represnting us can start, and its along same grounds mis-representation.

it was advents carreers department that sold me into signing with them more than anything.

No date yet, 10pack. Apparently BPF haven't returned their questionaire yet so are risking losing the case by default if they fail to respond to the court's requests on time. That would make life easy!Misrepresentation is one of the issues I raised too, that without the spin from the sales rep of a work placement after completing the first A+ exam it's unlikely I'd have signed up.

No date yet, 10pack. Apparently BPF haven't returned their questionaire yet so are risking losing the case by default if they fail to respond to the court's requests on time. That would make life easy!Misrepresentation is one of the issues I raised too, that without the spin from the sales rep of a work placement after completing the first A+ exam it's unlikely I'd have signed up.

Maybe they are dragging things out to get as much interest off the money they should give you.

Some years ago I had a car accident and as usual I got a curtesy car to use but because the garage had problem with parts I had the car 2 weeks ran up rental bill of over £800, the insurance company did not want to pay, so my insurance company said see you in claims court and I was requested to attend.

outside the court room all the lawyers exchanged their cards and the opposing lawyer asked who is with you.. answer was our client.. a phone call was made and guess what yes they decided to pay without going into the judges chambers.

I got paid £50 for my day off work and only because I asked, dont think they would have bothered to pay me for my time I lost from work..

I guess the lawyers all got a lot more than that :!:

Just spoken with FOS and they have stated that the last contact I had with them was October last year. So not sure whats going to happen now my head in a bit spin

Hi Fuzz, How are you?

Thank you for the mail very encouraging news. I have not understood all along the line why exactly this point wasn't being upheld before with the FOS. The crux of mis-selling is the fact we were encouraged to sign on the promise of being placed in work within 3 months and I'm sure we all have the letter with the promise of expected earnings.Same as the PP case We were Misled. I'm sure this still should have the same result for Guarantors as we were duped in the first place. I'm still being hounded by Apex but just ignore them it's just token gestures by them chancing their luck.

Good luck! Fuzz take it you're still waiting they'll be scared to open the floodgates likely. :scared:

I agree, Bluedo. I think the fact she had the email as evidence made the mis-selling undeniable so there was no way FOS adjudicator could ignore that. That letter you mention does show we all discussed salary and where we'd be prepared to travel to for work, so that must count for something evidence-wise, as why would a rep go into that and detail it in a confirmation letter if the course was just a study period without any promise of work placement?

Still to get my court date but I'm getting more confident by the minute.

Some of the Advent brochure material does include quotes from students stating they got employment via Advent and actual work placements - also that certain firms approached Advent for potential staff. That can't be denied either, though the promise isn't in any personal letters we had.

POSSIBLE NO WIN NO FEE REPRESENTATION

Hi folks. A member of the Facebook group 'Advent Training Scammed Us' has negotiated with a solicitor who is prepared to offer representation on a 'No Win No Fee' basis.

They will represent us on the misrepresentation/miss selling issue and not breach of contract.

Anyone who wants to be considered needs to be able to outline clearly how the course was miss sold to them and also needs to be able to afford an initial outlay for the solicitors disbursements.

The start date on your contract is important too as you have 6 years to bring a complaint to court from when you entered in to the 'contract'.

If you are interested please send me a PM with your e-mail address and your contract start date and I will reply with further information.

Time is of the essence though. Especially for those who started the contract sometime in 2007.

Therefore if you want to be included please PM me ASAP.

Edited by Tricla

Hey Tricla - You have a PM.

I am in a rather comical situation with fos........................

They can not prove [they say] that i have been mis sold a course, but there is evidence that it is possible [they say]

So they can not reach an outcome...!! They have suggested i agree an extension to the course with BPF.

BPF have refused stating my course has now ended.

Because of the refusal by BPF, my Adjudicator has now sent my case to a third [senior] Adjudicator.

Interesting in the paperwork from BPF to fos - BPF claim nearly all the students have accepted the new course and the rest are just wanting to get out of paying the balance...good grief..!!

One other thing, BPF have claimed to fos that there was no letter between their legal team and Hausfield stating that a 'Systems Engineering course' has not been made available.

My third Adjudicator now has a copy of this letter.[This can now take up to another six months to review my case - bearing in mind my first complaint started at the end of last year]

From my experience now with the fos, it seems that they are gutless, spineless Jelly Fish.

For such a Trumpet blowing body not to/can not reach an outcome and suggest I/ME reach a compromise with BPF is just laughable.

Oh and i am still sitting on an unsigned finance agreement from BPF. Fos have told me i would have to see a solicitor about that...

It's outside their boundary.

Edited by lowdown
amendment

I can tell you there is a least one student, that is totally dissatisfied with the Computeach, replacement. Even the FOS evidence as why they are better proves, that the original courses were out of date. It will be interesting to see if the supposed influx of ex-Advent students has saved the already sinking ship which is Computeach. Both Advent and Computeach were rip offs as they are really resellers just like the electricity companies maximising theirs profits at the cost of the consumers. Profit :smile: Profit :smile: