Kensington v angnnig

angnnig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Angnnig, do you have copies of the letters you sent to them explaining why you fell behind with payments? did you send the letters by recorded delivery?

Do you know if they have added charges into the arrears figure ?

If you can hang on till tomorrow I can help you with the defence form and a statement to go with it (Q.23). Alternatively you can do a witness statement and affix a budget sheet showing your incoming and outgoings and how much you can afford to pay towards the arrears - the court will accept this OK.

You really need to hand it in to the court on Monday - can you do that?

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ellen ,yes we have the copies of the letters we sent to them and sent them by recorded delivery.They have included £1,376.76 of charges in the £5,180 arrears they say we owe.I will do whatever you think is best and easiest for the defence ,no probs i can be online tomorow,just very gratefull for your help whenever you can ,regards angnnig

OK, will catch up with you tomorrow and we'll get to work so you can put the paperwork into court on Monday :)

In the meantime, affixed is a budget sheet for you to fill in. It calculates automatically as you enter the figures, so you can adjust as you go along to get the right result. The amount you are offering to pay towards the arrears should be the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for (Step 3 - difference between your income and outgoings).

Budget Sheet.xls

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Like I said my mortgage was 37,000 and rose to owing them 45,000. Smith79 can you post the details of who you complained to at the FSA I might see if I can get any compo for my situation 5 years ago as I still have a lot of documentation.

hi there i just addresed the letter tto the cheif executive at fsa there address is 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS

i included the copies off proff i had to show all the charges they will help you all they can they have with me also i went to my local mp with all the information they help by speaking to fsa kensington and the financial ombusman i recievd a call from my mp to let me know that they are going to stop the eiction next due to the evidence i submitted even though they tolld me this on the phone i requested every thing in writing but i will still be attending the court has i do not trust kensington at all hope this helps you and good luck

Thanks so much for this info and really hope you win your case......as I said before there is just no stopping these people they seem to just be able to push things through and get away with it. Nasty pieces of work with no human face....just out to get their grubby hands on your property.

With all the legal action Ive read about KM since I returned to the UK five years on why is this organisation still allowed to continue to trade? Why do we have to get our MPs on our side and other legal bods just to stop this organisation from bulldozing through court proceedings and taking peoples homes? They seem to soldier on regardless. Regardless as to the fines theyve had to pay out regardless of the constant admin they must be having to produce. I had no idea my remortgage would be with them until I got informed by Prestige Finance and at the time I had no idea they were so bad!:mad2: I was a sitting duck.

In Spain if a company has had a complaint about them they have to display that complaint in the shop window (if its a shop of course) I think it would be wise to make businesses do this here. Ok perhaps I should have researched KM on the internet at the time but I trusted them and I don't know how long they've been trading but there didn't appear to be much around about them at that time! :!:

Hi Angnnig, I've almost finished the statement - we have to put a reason for why the arrears happened, what do you want me to put for that?

Also, do you have 3 children living at home?

On the copy letters you sent to them re the arrears, write the Claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner. Do the same for the budget sheet which will be Appendix 2 and also the statements showing charges which will be Appendix 3.

As soon as you answer the above questions I can fnalise the statement.

The reasons that we fell behind with the mortgage are as follows. My partner runs his own taxi ,its not been a good year for takings to start with due to the ressesion but we just about kept our heads above water until october of this year when things rapidly went wrong ,firstly the gear box on the taxi packed up and needed replacing which then left us short to pay for the road tax that was also due.Then straight after that the 6 month inspection check was due and the last strwa was that the car insurance had run out and the deposit on the taxi became due also ,all this happened between the months of october and december which caused us to fall behind with the payments ,we kept in contact with kensington by telephone and by letter ,Kensington explained toi me that the payment arrangement had been cancelled and would on only consider a new arrangement once we filled out an I/e form of which we waited for and sent back straight away.We explained that we wanted to lower the payments for a short while whilst we were struggling.then about a week later we recieved a reppo order ,my partner then phoned them and spoke to

an advisor and said that as soon as he had worked through christmas that we would be able to pay one months payment of £320 and then resume weekly payments of £80 .The advisor said that he would get a business manager to look at our offer.The business manager then phoned us up on the 14th of jan and said that the only reason that they wanted to go to court was to get a susspended repo order in place to secure our payment arrangement with them and that they had no intention of taking our house of us, as long as we kept to the payment arrangement .

Yes we have 3 kids all under 13 years of age.hope this helps ,Thankyou for all your help ellenn

OK, I'm on it - will post in a few minuteds

On the copy letters you sent to them re the arrears, write the Claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner. Do the same for the budget sheet which will be Appendix 2 and also the statements showing charges which will be Appendix 3.

Have you done this?

Affixed is the statement - you need to put the info where there are XX's at the top and also in other parts of the statement (read it through to make sure you have found all the xxx's). When you print it out make sure that the printer is set for A4 paper (not Letter size) so it all stays on one page.

Assemble as follows:

Statement - signed

Appendix 1 - copy letters

Appendix 2 - budget sheet

Appendix 3 - statements showing charges

This forms the pack to take to court - make sure it is securely stapled or bound together. You will need to take a photocopy of it all so you have a set for yourselves to refer to in court.

Any questions, just shout :)

Angnning statement Jan 11.doc

If I do that you will lose all the formatting. Can you download Open Office (it's free) and use that to open the file it should then show it in the same format as Word. Are you using a MAC?

This is the link to Open Office (not microsoft office) http://www.openoffice.org/

Click on I want to Download