Can I use a SAR to demand an itemised bill from an Insurer?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

I found this site through Google.

I have been paying off an excess amount to an insurer for damages to another drivers car.

Although I was told I'd get an itemised breakdown of the expense, I haven't received this.

Can I use a SAR to request this? The reason I ask is that obviously this involves a third party.

thanks

Hi max

Welcome to CAG

You can send them a SAR Request, they have 40 day to respond with all the data on the policy. You'll have to send £10.

You can amend the following template:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

Make sure you add 'Breakdown' info you require.

Possibly not, A SAR only entitled you to DATA held about YOU. A common misunderstanding.

If it is the the third party's documentation your after, then it holds none of your data.

Just refuse to pay until they provide you with info, if the document holds personal data of the third party, they can black that out. A reg on it's own is not a breach of DPA.

They are probably being useless rather than awkward.

• 6 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.