Phones4U refunded, Orange say not and demand payment

furrkew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

13th June, purchased a Blackberry on Orange via my high street Phones4U store,

14th June, I complained of singal issues, returned phone to store and received refund and cancellation

Problem solved right? read on...

Since then, Orange have been contacting me personally to demand monthly payments,

I called Orange to explain the contract was terminated, they say they've heard nothing from Phones4U and that I need to call them

I called Phones4U, they say they've been in touch with Orange disconnections and asked me to ignore the automated payment demands,

The payment threats continue and have now been referred to a debt collector, so do I keep ignoring?

I haven't really got the time to deal with this anymore, but where exactly do I stand in all of it?

Many thanks

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I have a receipt which itemises the handset, talk plan and cashback deal before REFUND in bold letters at the bottom with a signature from the store manager.

I really dont want to waste my money on recorded postage so wondered if an email to orange would suffice as I know it would still serve as a legal document?

If it all still just rolls on and I somehow get issued with a summons, surely all I would have to do is produce the receipt in court?

Thanks again,

Yes you could email them a copy of the document if you've got a scanner, most mobile phone companies do not take direct legal action against their customers, what you'd find is they'll trash your credit rating for the next six years and then instruct a series of Debt Collection Agencies to contact you for years. This is the sort of hassle you don't want in your life so sending them proof will probs be the quickest and easiest way to sort this out.