Moose v MBNA/Virgin

moose53
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was going to leave MBNA/Virgin until after I've claimed against some other cards, but they've made me so damn angry I can't wait to get started on them...

I received a letter saying I was over my limit, can't complain about that, so gave them a call and came to an amicable agreement about paying them back as my financial difficulties are very much short term.

Then they wrote again, I called them and had to explain everything all over again.

Received yet another letter. Was told the direct debit hadn't been set up by them (which thankfully gave me some breathing space), and that letters are automatically sent even if the customer has come to an agreement with them. Grrrrrrr! The woman on the phone refused to give her surname.

In the meantime, despite agreeing to a repayment program, I've received a call from someone claiming to be from MBNA and asking for me to call them back...on a mobile number! Was advised this was probably from one of three companies MBNA use i.e.

Global Adventure, Risk Management Alternatives, or Credit Solutions.

I'm about to send a letter of complaint along with my S.A.R. I hope MBNA aren't in the habit of counterclaiming? Should I wait?

Good luck to everyone.

Quick question before I send letter of complaint and S.A.R - are bank employees obliged to give their name if you ask for it? I'm soooooo livid with MBNA at the moment. I hope some kind person can help!

Well their five days to respond to my complaint are up today, and they've just called and left a message asking me to call them back. This is despite the fact that in my letter I asked them to confirm that all correspondence is conducted in writing and not by phone.

I can't decide whether to return the call or not. I'm certainly not going to discuss my complaint or my S.A.R with them.

I would call them, just to tell them that you want everything in writing. Although quite a few people on here seem to have done really well by discussing it over the phone.

I got the full amount back after my very first letter though, and I wasn't willing to speak to them on the phone. I'm rubbish on the phone, much better in writing!

My letter was a complaint about Global Vantedge (one of their debt collection people), an SAR, and another complaint (about Payment Protection Insurance). They sent me a three page response which I have to say was actually very good (and not just because they gave back all my money!). They did admit to being in the wrong too, which felt really good!!

NatWest current account

!!Won: £1841 charges!!

MBNA credit card (Virgin)

!!Won: £200 charges + £50 goodwill gesture!!

Co-Op Bank credit card

!!Won: £225 charges!!

Halifax credit card

!!Won: £220 charges!!

Natwest credit card

Offer received and accepted, waiting for cheque!

Lloyds TSB current account

On hold due to upcoming test case

Cheers girltuesday, I think I'll call them, hear what they've got to say, and then ask for everything in writing. I do find it odd that they rang even though a large chunk of my complaint was about them ringing!

Called them and they were just asking for money, told them there's a formal complaint in progress and to put everything in writing (again). I was told the calls would continue...grrr....so will now proceed with my complaint and send a copy to ...err...dunno...OFT? Banking ombudsman?

They're making me angry now.

Is it MBNA calling you in person, or is it one of their debt collection lovelies?

NatWest current account

Co-Op Bank credit card

Halifax credit card

Natwest credit card

It seems a bit odd, to be honest. If you've agreed a repayment schedule with them, then why do they need to call you?! Maybe it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...?

NatWest current account

Co-Op Bank credit card

Halifax credit card

Natwest credit card

And still it goes on (and on)......

Received yet another letter from them saying "Your decision not to pay your arrears" etc etc "and forced MBNA to inform the Credit Reference Agency of the arrears". I've got a repayment plan agreed with them for heavens sake!!!!!!!!! The "your decision" bit must be related to when I said I wasn't prepared to discuss it on the phone anymore as they just ignore any agreements I've made (3 calls already now to say the same thing).

I'm at my wits end now.

In the same post I received a letter acknowledging my complaint.

My debt to them is very much short term, and I've explained that to them - I want to phone them but can't see the point as they've already said the calls will continue regardless.

Can some kind soul please give me some advice, and also let me know who I should send copies of my letters to (ombudsman?). In a couple of months time I can pay them back in full and cut the card in two but I don't want my credit rating taking a beating.

Needless to say there's no reponse to my S.A.R yet either.

I'm SO angry/worried that for once I'm not even sure if this post is grammatically correct - sorry fellow CAG'ers, just need advice please. Thank you.

Hi again,

I would advise you to contact the complaints team by telephone, now that they've acknowledged your complaint. Tell them about the calls you keep getting - chances are they can have those stopped while they investigate the complaint. Well, I used to work on the complaints team of a bank and we certainly had the authority to request that.

Then telephone the department that keep phoning you and say:

"I have agreed a repayment plan with you. Can you reassure me that that shows on your system and is all agreed?"

If they say yes, then you can ask them to explain why they still feel the need to telephone you, if they are happy with the plan. Emphasise that you have made a complaint which is in process and has been acknowledged by person x.

If they say no, ask them if they can give you the telephone number of the relevant department/person you agreed the plan with, and take it from there. Or ask if they can investigate that an get back to you.

It sounds really clear to me that they don't seem to have good communication between departments, which may be the root of the problem you're having.

This is just my opinion/advice, obviously, but it's what I'd do.

Good luck!

NatWest current account

Co-Op Bank credit card

Halifax credit card

Natwest credit card

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Girltuesday,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I've been in contact with with the CAB, and my doctor, and as I'm so deeply in debt I've decided to call a halt to claiming my charges back, at least for now.

I just can't run the risk of counterclaims whilst I'm in this much trouble.

I did however get a response from MBNA about my complaint, it was quite good, but until I pay my arrears off I can't do much.

I am NOT going to drop this, I'm just going to leave it for a while.

Thankyou for your help.

Dear Moose - i have been following your threads with interest and i'm sorry your not continuing with your claim - but i can understand why. I hope things get better for you soon.

Regards and best wishes

Sandbag.