Does anyone know what bank details Credit Reference Agencies have of ours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know just what banking details do the credit reference agencies have in regard to our personal details please?

If they hold the same information as we do ourselves, then this would surely be a breach of data protection as our information could then be sold on to any unscrupulous person(s) wishing to steal our identity.

I have considered asking a couple of CRA's for all of the information that hold on me, but I doubt if they would be daft enough to give away something that could be used against themselves. I would expect that someone here knows just what they are allowed to have and just what they do have.

You're on a hiding to nothing in regards to what entitlement a CRA has to hold your data etc, they have the right to hold it and fighting them on that would be pointless. Your bank account/credit card agreements will normally

contain your consent in allowing the CRA's to be updated with your information.

In regards to bank details, I don't think there is any hard and fast rules, from my own experience I can say that one cra holds details on my current account where another appears not to...but essentially I don't think Current

Bank accounts WITHOUT an overdraft facility are included on a credit file as essentially there is no credit to be had ..

You could subject access a CRA but from what I can remember they tend to send out reams and reams of paperwork to you, as in each time your file is updated by one of your lenders/creditors it creates an entry, so times

your creditors by 12 months and then by 6 years and you sort of get the picture and thats without your mortgage details. voters list info and all other such stuff. Somebody on CAG sent a SARS to a CRA and they phoned

him/her up asking when they'd be in as they were sending a courier with the paperwork (reams and reams of it)

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Mine too

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR