• Tweets

• Thanks for the reply do you think it’s just a threat for the 14 days or they will send court letters 
    • That’s great, thank you so much. We will contact Doves and the finance company again and hope they will resolve it. Out of interest, where would we stand if we did pay the costs? Would we then be able to claim that back or should we just wait for a response from them before we take the car back from Mercedes?     
    • As I'm off on holiday on Wednesday and won't be around I'll bring things forward and be pessimistic and decide that Iceland won't cooperate.  There are two things to ponder. The private parking companies have a lot in common for obvious reasons.  But also some differences. Excel and its sister company VCS are by far the most litigious.  They take large numbers of motorists who don't pay them to court - perhaps the majority.  That's not because they have a good case.  Indeed their case is rubbish.  It's because, sadly, enough people are terrified of the idea of going to court and just pay up when the court papers arrive.  It's a numbers game to Excel/VCS. In cases where the motorist is in it for the long haul, Caggers win 85% of the time in court against Excel/VCS (yes, I did once go back and counted all the court cases over the previous 30 months).  But Excel/VCS take the odd defeat because of the mugs who just panic and pay.  So take this into account when deciding what to do. Secondly, without boring you with the reasons, I know about the world of local journalism.  Papers have great difficulty in filling their column inches.  If you do contact the local media there is a 100% chance that they will publish something and embarrass Iceland - and maybe get them to back down. Again, have a think if this is a road you want to to go down. If you don't win by Wednesday!  
    • Followed up with letter which is no surprise as I’m easy to find via electoral roll. Letter says we have been asked to recover from you on behalf f our client in Middle East x amount. if you believe you are not liable please contact us - yeah right! If you wish to make payment here are our client bank details which look genuine and relate directly to a Dubai bank. ” if you don’t engage our client may take further action” etc blah blah blah. its the same type phrases used by CWD/IDRWW/IDR etc…..   I ignored the email, blocked the text number and will wait to see if I receive any formal action via Mail but seems like the same tactic I’ve seen for 10 years plus and I’ve ignored all. just for people’s info
    • Hi. I expect the experts will be along later to advise you. In the meantime, I've amended your thread title to show the car park name and location. HB
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome upping their game with dca collection

brassed-off-2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When the insurance crap was cancelled

did he sign a new agreement or to modify the agreement

if not

thats your answer

I believe it was a new agreement, but I'll check with him.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the dn`s some of us received a little while ago are faulty dn`s then dosen`t the fact that they have passed this to incasso mean that the agreement is terminated? As per the first 4 paragraphs of this thread? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?193018-cupcake68-vs-amex&p=2166205&viewfull=1#post2166205 if this is so how do we exploit this latest move to our benifit, if we can?

Cheers mark

is the dca collecting on behalf or by absolute assignment

is the dca collecting on behalf or by absolute assignment

Instructed by client. Haven`t received a Notice of Assignment. Incasso LLP are apparently solicitors not strictly a DCA. All correspondence/ contact or Payments are to be made to them, not the client, within 7 days or immediate contact made with their office. Failure to do the above MAY result in legal proceedings being issued........

Cheers Mark

We are in for the fight! :mad2:, We have had 2 letters from Incasso dated 2 days apart asking for different amounts.

Incasso seem very clued up and get posession orders for fun, So only post up advice if you are 100% sure of the information you are giving.

Lets bring it on!!!! :)

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

how does the fact that we are still having these agreements looked at by fos drive things?

Cheers mark

well whoever is demanding payment need to be informed that the fos is dealing with it and the account needs to be sent back to welcome

also

the fos needs a letter of complaint about welcome farming out the account for collection while the fos is dealing with the dispute

well whoever is demanding payment need to be informed that the fos is dealing with it and the account needs to be sent back to welcome

also

the fos needs a letter of complaint about welcome farming out the account for collection while the fos is dealing with the dispute

Hi Post, Could you tell me reasoning behind this ?? I think we all should be quite clear now that "Account in Dispute" means nothing with Welcome Finance because they are not subscribed to the Bankers Code. Whilst accounts are with the FOS they are free to collect by any means they can.

The reason why my Account is at this Stage is because I was told a load of nonsense about "Accounts in Dispute" (and other rubbish) at the start of my case and I never paid, Yes its my fault I should have checked up on it but I didnt. Lesson learned.

Hence my pervious post where I said "So only post up advice if you are 100% sure of the information you are giving", Sorry if I sound "Serious" but I would like to keep my House.

My Thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?243520-Welcome-Finance-Secured-Loan-Nightmare(1-Viewing)-nbsp

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

Instructed by client. Haven`t received a Notice of Assignment. Incasso LLP are apparently solicitors not strictly a DCA. All correspondence/ contact or Payments are to be made to them, not the client, within 7 days or immediate contact made with their office. Failure to do the above MAY result in legal proceedings being issued........

Cheers Mark

Yep. EXPERTO CREDITE have been instructed by wfs to recover the outstanding balance on the account....

after checking out their website they state they either purchase debt, customer collections or outsource solutions..either way, they are tryingto recoup what they can, to maximise wfs cashflow due to the restructuring talks that are still goinig on.

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

How does the fact that we are still having these agreements looked at by FOS drive things?

Cheers Mark

given that my 1st charge has a suspended reposession on our property and we have a case with the fos regarding the scandalous charges and not treating us fairly etc, then as i see it, if the 1st charge decide to drag us back to court for not maintaining the agreement, the judge should be telling them to go away and come back when the fos have investigated the arrears charges etc.. so whilst it is under investigation with the fos.

The fact remains, are welscum in a position financially or otherwise to take us to court to repossess, when they are up against spml/capstone as 1st charge and negative equity and the likes that the shower of greedy pocket liners caused in the 1st place??? Just how far are they willing to go??

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

hi there, I am in the same boat as you all.I have never received a CCA of any kind from Welcome and now have Irwin Mitchell solicitors sending me the same letters as you. Reading edwi69's thread : account in dispute with welcome ,what Ibys posted seems to make sense to me . He posted up a letter we should write to these dca's in response (#415)

Does anyone agree or disagree with that letter? thoughts please.Many thanks

The courts expect that any dispute by the debtor be delt with by the fos before it goes to court.

That is why a creditor needs to give a full and final response with the option of going up and contact details of the fos

in other words a valid complaints proceedure

its a condition of there consumer credit licence and if this has not been followed a strike out of a court claim can be requested for lack of

pre action protocol

i can confirm this as a judge told me himself in court

Hi Post, Could you tell me reasoning behind this ?? I think we all should be quite clear now that "Account in Dispute" means nothing with Welcome Finance because they are not subscribed to the Bankers Code. Whilst accounts are with the FOS they are free to collect by any means they can.

It is the Consumer Credit Act 1974 that allows you to put accounts in dispute! The Banking Code is now the Lending Code. I don`t know if anything has actually changed within the code itself. What does this code have to do with the ****?

The reason why my Account is at this Stage is because I was told a load of nonsense about "Accounts in Dispute" (and other rubbish) at the start of my case and I never paid, Yes its my fault I should have checked up on it but I didnt. Lesson learned.

At the time we started our complaints it was allowed to stop paying until any dispute was sorted out. While in dispute they couldn`t pass it on to a third party or CRA. They couldn`t pursue any kind of enforcement at all. That all changed with the outcome of the `Manchester Test Cases`. The fact we stopped paying seems to have been something our Adjudicator at FOS couldn`t get his head around, but at the time that was allowed.

Hence my pervious post where I said "So only post up advice if you are 100% sure of the information you are giving", Sorry if I sound "Serious" but I would like to keep my House.

This needs to be approached from a clear headed perspective. We are all under pressure and stand to may be lose our houses. We will have everybody who counts on board V soon and the advice I am sure will, as per usual, be succinct and helpful. No one would deliberately put any of us in the wrong direction. We can only do things at the moment to slow them down and gain ourselves breathing space, and time to collate any response. We have comfort in numbers here. Shame it is that way but that is how it is. In those numbers will be a way to sort this I am sure. And ultimately WE can defend.

My Thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?243520-Welcome-Finance-Secured-Loan-Nightmare(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Cheers Mark

Edited by mark1arby
incorrect posting

So, is it lewis group cant cope with the workload, and by getting outside help, are they trying to speed up the process, or have incasso and EX got more experience?

stumbled upon the following article.

http://www.debtmanagementtoday.co.uk/newsstory?id=994&type=newsfeature&title=troubled_subprime_lender_2_8bn_in_debt_prepares_restructuring_deal

The courts expect that any dispute by the debtor be delt with by the fos before it goes to court.

That is why a creditor needs to give a full and final response with the option of going up and contact details of the fos

in other words a valid complaints proceedure

its a condition of there consumer credit licence and if this has not been followed a strike out of a court claim can be requested for lack of

Do you think then, that if the **** have not allowed the Full process at FOS to be completed ( Adjudicator first then Ombudsman, if not in agreement with Adjudicator), before commencing some kind of enforcement by passing things on to a Solicitor or DCA, either fully selling it or even just having them act as agents, does this not mean the agreement has been terminated, especially on the back of a `Dodgy Default Notice`?

Have they `*rapped on their own pillow`?

Cheers Mark

its certainly worth looking into further mark.

while account is in dispute NO action should be taken...and the account should not be passed to a third party.(FSA &OFT RULES)

If they are demanding full payment then they have terminated the agreement.

The main point to work on is when these agreements were signed and dated.SO are we looking at the CCA1974 or the ammended version.....

while account is in dispute NO action should be taken...and the account should not be passed to a third party.(FSA &OFT RULES)

As this not changed due to the Judges ruling in the `Manchester Test Cases`? I believe that all of that about not being passed to a third party, nothing can be registered with CRA, and accounts being suspended etc while in dispute now says all of that can be done but must not be seen as enforcement (I Know???)

ie: Can not be taken to court.

If they are demanding full payment then they have terminated the agreement.

The main point to work on is when these agreements were signed and dated.SO are we looking at the CCA1974 or the ammended version.....

The first of our agreements in question was March 2007 and the new one was March 2008.

Cheers MARK

The first of our agreements in question was March 2007 and the new one was March 2008.

Cheers MARK

Ours were signed, on premises, 2004,2005,2006 & 2007. The final one signed 2008, via post, no face to face contact whatsoever!

Can anyone please help we were repossessed by Capstone in August of this year to make the mortgage to a 100% one we had to get a secured loan with Welcome. Our house has been sold for £66,000 which is £26,500 less than what we paid for it. We have now been contacted by Irwin Mitchell solicitors who they say are acting for Welcome and we owe them £23,000 and are saying that we have to start paying the contractual payment again and if we dont they will take us to court and baillifs will come round. If we start paying this again we will be in the same boat again as no doubt when Capstone sell the house they will be on our case demanding us to pay them as well this is why we were repossessed because of the high payments we just cant afford it we are so fed up it just seems never ending.

Roxy you need to start a thread of your own about this. I see you are trying to get help on the Capstone thread and elsewhere. Putting your problem on another thread may mean it will not be seen by the people on the know.

This does seem like one that needs specific help. My advice is to start your own thread in the Legalities Section as this is already been through court and further. If that is not the right pkace someone from the site team will move it to where it should be for the best help available. And you can go no where better than CAG for the help you need at this time.

Good luck and best wishes

Cheers Mark

Well the phone calls have started, OH advised not speaking to them, everything in writing only, and they will be in receipt of a letter from us!!

The threat monkey told other half he had to speak to him, OH replied in no uncertain terms, no i dont have to do anything you say...hence to say threat monkey hung up!!