Purchased a car faulty need advice on what to do, as garage no help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there 3 weeks ago i bought a used car from a very large well known garage in the uk... 2 days later took car back as it was just not sounding right, the garage took it to another garage to confirm lots of things wrong from leaking hoses to loose engine mountings. 2 days later it was back in the garage still not right, they looked at the car, agreed something was wrong, but didnt know what, so again took it to a main dealer to check out... booked the car in for repairs on Tuesday this week... and still have not got it back..., I have had conflicting reports on what is wrong, yesterday they said the head gasket was being fixed, today they said, that they never said the gasket was being fixed. The say they took it down to the main dealers again who said it was a cracked thermostate?.. I asked where my car was, and for a short while they didnt even know..!!! tomorrow it will have been in the garage 5 days, and in 3 weeks its been to the garage 4 times...

In the end i rang the main dealer garage who had looked at my car, for the garage i bought it off.. and he was lovely saying that the head gasket was leaking, and there was nothing wrong with the thermostat.. he looked at the car on tuesday, and said the car never came back today! which is what i was told today, and was suprised when i told him i still dont have my car...Something is just not right.. After speaking to the garage that sold my car, saying i want a refund as its not been fit to drive, they said they dont have to give me a refund..I paid 5 grand cash for the car, and not been able to drive it yet..!! Help what do I do..???.. I hope you can understand what i mean...

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Please check your 'Notifications' I'll send you a private message with the 'link'.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello there,

if the car is not fit for purpose you can reject it under the sale of goods act. Take time to read around the forum, there are plenty of situations similar to yours. You may also wish to contact trading standards. Best of luck!

Hi and welcome to CAG.

As the car is clerly not fit for the purpose and of satisfactory quality, send the seller a formal rejection letter. I take it they still have the car? In the letter, state that they have had sufficent opportunity to rectify the fault(s) and they have not done so, therefore you require them to refund your money in full within 7 days otherwise you will commence recovery action under the SOGA. Send the letter by recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.