barclaycard, bank, barclaycard,bank and sent back to barclaycard?????

wannagethelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hellppp,,,

Can anyone help or advise what would seem a simple enough matter. Moved home, phoned barclaycard to say have moved home, can't find my old barclaycard, gave my new address and they assured me they would send a new card to my new address,,,,,,,months later, no card sent,,,,phone them back they said they have sent it,,but to pop into barclays bank with 2 id's and proof of address, which I did, they said its nothing to do with them but to phone back to barclaycard, which I did and they said "pop into barclays bank with 2 id's and proof of address,,,,blah blah", this has happened twice now and getting nowhere, my barclaycard statements, incidentally with no transactions on, keep going to my old address,,,,,,what can I do, who can sort this out? I am sooooo frustrated and going round and round in circles,,,,I feel that the staff at barclaycard are just reading off a card and can't think (or discuss), anything outside that box!!:|

Hi WGH,

I suggest you write a brief complaint to BC's Northants address marked as a FORMAL COMPLAINT setting out what has gone wrong so far.

Tell them you want this properly addressed and resolved within 14 days or you'll escalate your complaint to Barclays HQ without further warning.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi WGH,

I suggest you write a brief complaint to BC's Northants address marked as a FORMAL COMPLAINT setting out what has gone wrong so far.

Tell them you want this properly addressed and resolved within 14 days or you'll escalate your complaint to Barclays HQ without further warning.

8)

Hi,

Thank you so much for responding. I have drafted this letter, is this ok do you think?

If it is I will sign and post off first thing Monday, thanks again for your help.

Xxxxx

Xxxxxx

Xxxxxx

London

Barclaycard

Northants

2 October 2010

Formal Complaint

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Account No: xxxxxxxxxx

I am writing to formally complain about the problems I have been having trying to change address and get a new Barclaycard for my above account.

I have spoken to Barclaycard and told them of my new address and that I needed a new card as I had mislaid my card, they advised me they would send out my new card to my new address which had been noted.

My new card did not arrive, Barclaycard statements were still going to my old address, obviously with no transactions, so I call them again and they told me to go into the local Barclays Bank with 2 forms of id and my Barclaycard statement to change address and order my new card which I duly did.

Barclays bank told me it was nothing to do with them and I needed to phone back to Barclaycard and arrange it with them, which I duly did, only to be told again, to go back to Barclays bank with 2 forms of id and my Barclaycard statement, which again, I did.

The bank told me again it was not a matter for them but to phone back Barclaycard, which I did, to be told again, go into Barclays Bank with 2 forms of id and my Barclaycard statement, I am exasperated and very angry with this treatment.

I ask that this problem be resolved within 14 days otherwise I will escalate my complaint to Barclay’s headquarters with no further warning.

Yours sincerely,

Edited by slick132
penultimate para too long, so split it

Hi WGH,

Your letter looks good apart from:-

1. I've split the penultimate para into shorter ones making it easier to read.

2. I'd alter the final para slightly to read:-

I ask that this problem be resolved within 14 day as follows:-

1. You send me a new Barclaycard as requested to my new address.

2. You confirm in writing that your records have been amended to show my new address.

If you fail to respond adequately, I will escalate my complaint to Barclays Headquarters without further warning. I will also complain to the Information Commissioners Office about your failure to protect my personal data.

Yours faithfully,

WGH

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi WGH,

Your letter looks good apart from:-

1. I've split the penultimate para into shorter ones making it easier to read.

2. I'd alter the final para slightly to read:-

I ask that this problem be resolved within 14 day as follows:-

1. You send me a new Barclaycard as requested to my new address.

2. You confirm in writing that your records have been amended to show my new address.

If you fail to respond adequately, I will escalate my complaint to Barclays Headquarters without further warning. I will also complain to the Information Commissioners Office about your failure to protect my personal data.

Yours faithfully,

WGH

Hi again,

Thank you very much for your advice and I know this is going to sound really dim, but I can't seem to find the Northants address to send the letter to:???:, do you know it or could you point me in the right direction please, I am hoping to send the letter off tomorrow if possible. :???:Thanks again.

While looking for the Northants address, I found this on the BC site about how and where to complain:-

Barclaycard,

Customer Relations Department,

PO BOX 9131,

51 Saffron Road,

Leicester,

LE18 9DE

8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got a response (surprisingly sent to new address for the first time ever!) from Barclaycard, basically it said they were concerned about and outstanding balance of £63.19 (which most is for annual card insurance which has been put on within the last month and sent to old address so obviously late), and could I bring the account up to date with a payment of £6.00 but they said more or less,,,,,,we're not going to issue me a new card until they could see the account running properly!!! I can't believe the cheek of it!! What shall I do? They absolutely frustrate the hell out of me!:-x

Annual Card Insurance !! :!: ......... I guess that's another discussion. :wink:

Have they confirmed the new address is now properly on their system.

If so, it may just be simpler to pay and get the new card. Otherwise you could be writing back and forth ad nauseum. :puke:

Your choice though ................. 8)

Hi, thank you for responding,,,,well, I will pay the bill even though they are saying the account has not been run properly, but that is because they have been sending everything to the old address:???: but have no way of confirming if the new address is on their system, only if another bill goes to the old address as you can't seem to contact these people and get any sort of clarification,,phew:sad: and I don't know how to deal with that one! Any ideas:???:

If you're not happy that they didn't specifically confirm that your new address is on the system, write and seek confirmation.

The fact that they've written to your new addy is NOT necessarily confirmation that they've altered the actual a/c details.

:-)