Reliable collections Increasing payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, im new to this forum, but have been browsing through and looking at people trying to manage their debts.

I've had a couple of catalogues a few years ago which eventually fell in arrears.These debts are managed by reliable collections:| which some of you may have heard of.

Anyhow i've been paying these debts at £15 a month for about 3 years or so, until today when i got a letter saying that they are gonna increase these slightly, 1 to £43.21 and the other to £71.61.This going to be to much for me to pay out so am wondering what my options are?

WELCOME......ratty1976...........Do not phone them,write and state the £15 is the maximum you can afford to pay,and the figures they quote are beyond your financial means,if they send you a form asking for your income and expenditure details,you do not have to fill this in only a court can demand these details,however you have to be honest with the amount you can afford,should they be stupid enough to go to court the judge will look to ensure in the first place you are paying the maximum you can afford,he can reduce the amount if he considers you are stretching yourself to much.Reliable are aware of these facts and I doubt they will take the court route............remember you are only required to pay what you can afford,no more,so your options are send the letter and go on paying the £15...............FS