SOGA and repairs

soundlab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, iam in the process of using the SOGA for all the troubles iv had with my tele, but i have a question, iv had the tele for just over 2 years, in that time iv had my tele picked up for repair on 3 seperate ocassions, the company used was the 1 Samsung provided (BSS), now, will the fact that my tele has been sent off for repair hinder me using the SOGA?

just got this reply from BTShop

"In order for us to accept the liability for the TV, I would need to ask that you first have the item looked at by an independent engineer under the Reverse Burden of Proof to prove that the fault you claim with the item is a genuine fault, not caused by fair wear and tear or misuse.

You can call Samsung on 0845 726 7864 for their advice on a suitable repair centre for a test of the item.

Once you have the evidence, please contact me again and we can look at either repair or partial refund of the TV. "

So, i will have to pay to get someone out and check the tele?! and i thought i would be entitled to a full refund rather than just a partial one, if a refund would be issued to me?

(BTW BTShop dont know about the repairs as i dint say so in the emails)

Edited by soundlab

You wouldn't get a full refund at this stage, as you;ve had full use of the device for 2 years and had it repaired for free as well (I assume?). It would be up to the manufacturer to decide that you had a 'Friday' product and for them to arrange a resolution, but if they don't want to do this there's nothing you can do to force them as it would appear there was no inherent fault in the product range itself.

Chase Samsung, and be nice - they're not known to be unreasonable....

Thanks for that, it has been repaired free via samsung who sent out BSS (bss-online.co.uk) its been picked up by them on 3 seperate ocassions, it started going wrong a week or so before the 12 month warranty was up, what im thinking is that after so many faults, the 1 descibed above being the 4th, (and another which went away after turning my tele off then back on, thankfully) has got to mean that there was something wrong with the tele when i bought it :/