Don't know if I should laugh or cry - money laundering on my credit file!

huggys boss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just pulled my credit file from Call Credit, and there are 3 registered searches, 1st one states "search organisation, comparision site(HDD), search purpose, administration review" .

2nd one states "search organisation GB Group Plc (ID), search purpose, money laundering. 3rd one states "search organisation HBOS (ML), search purpose, money laundering.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???????????????????????????????

I know that the only money laundering I have done is washed the odd £5 note in huggy41's jeans pockets.

I am on the verge of ringing the police and inviting them to inspect my finances.

Really wish I had not looked at my file now.

Please Help!

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

I know that transfers from a bank account to prepaid credit cards can be flagged as money laundering.

It is a known method used by criminals. I once tried to transfer less than £20 from a bank account to a prepaid credit card. It got flagged as money laundering then my internet banking was frozen until I called their customer services to answer security questions. Then I was able to use internet banking again. All for the sake of less than £20, for pity sake.

]

going to query mine as I have not bought any foreign currency recently, nor do I have a pre-paid credit card. I did switch banks back in January and one of the searches is from HBOS so that makes sense I suppose. The other money laundering search is from a company called GB Group Plc.

Does anybody know how I go about getting this off my file?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Any application to open a new account will bring up this search

Iv'e had it three time as Chairman/Trustee of two charities it does not impact on credit status all.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It is a harmless search required by law when opening a new bank/building society account

and other financial accounts.

I have just had one when changing a charities account to a new bank.

Don't worry.

Brig

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
i have the same on mine....actually made me smile when i saw it.... wasn't worried though as i presumed money laundering is more prevalent so can be put down as a reason to credit check

....should i be worried having that on there!!????[/quote

not 2 sure if its sumin to worry about but it has most likely come from where u have tryed using your card more than once and been declined.. i.e gambling sites etc. i had the same exact problem with paddy power, my card declined about four times next thing i know they have submitted this crap (money laundry) i was like wtf. i tred getting them off but no joy. so remeber if you play on these site avoid doing a declined trasaction more than once as you will get more on your file.

Any bank, building society, lenders in general

have to do these searches when new accounts

are opened or when an account is upgraded,

it is definiely nothing to worry about, as I said earlier

I get the regularly as chair of a charity.