no job, no money...but what do i tell the banks?!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok. Sorry for confusing you. I want to know what is your solution about your problem?Thanks in advance.

Regards, Dave

Dave

You never confused me, as your comments never made sense! ( I want to know what is your solution about your problem ) still very vague, however I and the fellow Cagers have many solutions to many problems, maybe you could start your own THREAD with your specific question.

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• 2 years later...

A long story, but I lost my job around easter 2011 and since then have really been struggling. In the last 3 months, I have got on my feet and working shifts and doing my own trading which is building I have started to get back on my feet.

However, I have received a notice of warrant of execution, thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376297-48-hour-Notice-Of-Warrant-Of-Execution I now realise that I have a lot more work to do and I am really worried about losing everything!

I have always paid the mortgage and utility bills but I have other debts that have been neglected, I am in the process of getting my credit score and finding out how to fix it.

card 7000

card 7000

card 7500

loan 15000

card 1000

overdraft 1500

card 500

loan 1200

NR 30000 (added to mortgage)

When I lost my job, I stupidly signed up a company that were going to manage my debts using PPI and badly executed agreements. However like all things that seem to good to be true, nothing really happened and with me leaving things I have made it worse. On top of this, the costs have spiraled so where a debt was 500, it is now 1400 - I had asked lenders to freeze interest but they are in business and obviously need to make money.

Im not sure what I should do first so if anyone has any advice or can give me links to the best place to start reading then please do.

I dont have a magic wand to pay it all off (i wish) and im finding it hard to spare more than 50 a week at the moment, sometimes a bit more, other times less. Im not looking to avoid this, its my mess and I need to sort it out but I think that there is a more intelligent way to handle this than jumping to the lendors tune and id really appreciate any help from those that have been there and come through it in one piece.

Hi, have seen your other thread, all the debts you have listed need to be handled seperately.

The first card debt £7000.00 is this defaulted, is it being chased by a DCA?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The debt in the other tread being chased is actually the 500 card that is now circa 1400.

Do I need to get a credit file to find out if defaulted? Sorry that this is basic question but this is all quite new to me.

No problems if you don't ask it will take longer to solve the problem.

Yes check credit files Experian (Credit Expert) and Equifax have 30 day free trials, Noddle (Call Credit) is free always but is not always upto date imo.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have my credit report from Equifax and I will make a separate thread for each one, its a bleak picture which some other court action, a ccj and charging orders which I didnt know about. Is there a forum section I should use or just this one for now?

Im am reading through this site (which is great) and it seems that people in my situation or similar are generally advised to send an SAR request to each of the original debtors, is this a good start?

Furthermore, can someone explain for show me where it has been explained about whether or not debts have been acknowledged?

This one is ok here.

The OFT Guidance states '' a relevant acknowledgment is made by the debtor (or his representative) by making a payment to the debt or an unequivocal written acknowledgment that a liability subsisits''.

So telephone calls, requests for information (CCA Requests/SARs), ''general debt collection'' letters from a creditor/DCA to the debtor do not amount to ''contact'' being made as stated in the OFT Guidance.

Statute barred = No payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment made to the debt in 6 (5 in Scotland) clear years.

Defaults = are removed from all credit files on the 6th anniversary of the default PAID or NOT, as the default date can be 5 to 6 months AFTER the '' last payment''

some accounts could be statute barred before the ''life'' of the default expires if the conditions above have been met.