To what extent are Banks Liable ?

DroverAwn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have trawled this forum looking for answers to my questions and most have been answered = thanks great forum!!

/

To what extent are Banks liable? I had managed my account decently up an until a particularly hard month were I had to use my overdraft and it went over-overdrawn .A combination of referall charges (DD's, Unnarranged Borrowing fee etc) saw me almost £200 down the tubes for the next month. This snowballs

and I then have Direct Debits on my credit card not going through , further charges and .....well It ends up in me taking a £3000 personal loan to sort out my bank account wich is well , almost £3000 overdrawn. And I'm not taking into account the charges I am being charged for late payments on credit cards and other loans by their respective companies.

This leads me to the following question - if the Bank is being unfair in their charges and I can pretty much show that due to these excessive charges I have incurred unecessary charges from credit cards and loans etc - is the Bank not liable to reimburse these other charges??

My credit report will no doubt show my credit card in arrears -credit score is adversely affected- the knock on effect goes on.........

Need some advice on this please

:eek:

Several people have also successfully claimed back loans that they have been forced into by the banks as a direct result of excessive charges putting the accounts into trouble.

As for the other charges you'd be better of pursuing the companies that actually charged you.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!