What happens after the FOS Don't Help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone pls tell me what I can do if the results of the Foz's investigations go against me? Who can I appeal to? e.g. the OFT?

The independenmt assessor seems pointless (?) to me because, as they say on their website,

"The independent assessor's remit does not cover disagreements about whether we were right to uphold or reject a dispute between a business and a consumer."

So where from here?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone pls tell me what I can do if the results of the Foz's investigations go against me? Who can I appeal to? e.g. the OFT?

The independenmt assessor seems pointless (?) to me because, as they say on their website,

"The independent assessor's remit does not cover disagreements about whether we were right to uphold or reject a dispute between a business and a consumer."

So where from here?

You have three options depending upon your circumstances:

1) If you have had a letter from an Adjudictor, you can request a 'final decision' from an Ombudsman

2) If you have a service complaint - not being in relation to if your complaint was upheld of not, you can make a complaint to the Independent Assessor

3) Take the matter to court and make a claim against the bank involved

option 3 is pointless. the courts back the creditors who get claims shifted to a higher track. Non-option for mostmere mortals like me I'm afraid. The FIS, OFT, LSB etc seem like a big waste of time. In short, if you are in debt, life is hell and there is no where to turn for help.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

• 1 month later...
You asked "So where from here" and these are your options

"Depending on my circumstances." Thats the point I'm making. Court comes with costs if I lose. I was wondering if there were any other tiers or levels an unresolved FOS complaint could go to without court...but there doesn't appear to be. Its not that court is a no-no, just that its a big step and a rather scary one at that!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dispute (still have) with the Halifax over bank charges. They charged whilst I was unemployed, escalated my problems by the bank charges and in some cases charged when they had no need. After several attempts to get it sorted, I got no response - ignored totally, then passed to several DCA's. I eventually went through the FOS and for a while I thought they were on side - Halifax didn't respond within the 8 weeks and had to be prompted by the FOS but then when the Halifax still wouldn't answer my questions, that I had to pay the charges - I refused (in no uncertain terms) - the FOS then informed me that there was nothing more they could do and more or less agreed with the Halifax. To me they were a total waste of time.

Hi. I've got "a few" on the go with the FOS right now. Have just had my first complaint 'adjudicated' by them and it was hopeless. What a joke. Offered £25 as a F&F for my complaint against CrapVest, who failed to comply with my CCA request and who failed to follow their so-called, highly dodgy and deliberately ineffective "complaints procedure." Wioth evidence. Looked like FOS just can't be 4rsed with DCA complaints imo. Still, the ICO is even worse, hardly possible to believe, I know, but they can't even write to tell you they have caved in.