RBS bank accounts to be sold to Santander

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Santander have bought 350 RBS branches and in 16 months those accounts will be transferred over.

If you are a RBS customer you will have no choice and you will become a Santander customer

I am not happy about this. I have heard Sant are abs useless

It applies to many RBS branches in England. Go to the RBS website and put in your sort code to see if your branch as been sold to Sant

any thoughts?

Have just posted this in the media section too:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-charges-finance-industry/271609-1-8-m-rbs.html#post3071915

Santander, it should be noted, were also mentioned in MoneyBox - Radio 4 - a while back about potentially illegal attempts over 'dormant' accounts.

I'll see if I can find the link on that.

Here's the article in the Telegraph:

Two million RBS customers have bank accounts switched to Santander - Telegraph

RBS customers will have the right to close their accounts and I personally would recommend they give it serious consideration.

Of all the banks and cc companies I've had to deal with for myself and my son, Santander have been the most aggressive, dishonest and downright inept in losing correspondence.

They are out of control and IMHO need some serious investigation/ regulation.

Is it just English RBS accounts, or Scottish ones as well?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

It will affect all those who have accounts in the branches that were sold to Santander:

Customers will be affected if they have a sort code from one of the 318 branches. These include every 311 RBS branded branches in England and Wales and seven Natwest branded branches in Scotland. But it does not include NatWest branded branches in England and Wales.

So, not RBS accounts in Scottish branches but NatWest in Scotland, yes.

That's a relief - for a little while, anyway!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I've had a letter from RBoS, my account will be sold to Santander - or rather a nil balance will be.

Normally if you transfer your current account to Santander they pay you - will they pay people that they get from RBoS?