Contract - Employee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I guess you are starting to partly see me as an inquisitive member of the community.

Very true as I like to learn and understand, especially whilst being in a very uncertain industry (construction).

Hopefully this will help others that are in issues and clear things in my mind.

Prior to a merger my salary was taken to that of a senior position. Having 14 years experience and involved on the larger projects within the company whilst training the younger staff made me feel I was making a difference.

I did not receive the title senior, but I am not one of these people that take a title over hard cash ;)

Anyhow... Now that I work essentially for a new company I have been revalued under a scoring system and deemed non-senior. The projects I am now on are of a lesser size and in terms of responsibility I have gone backwards, BUT least I have a job.

Where I am finally going with this is two-fold.

Is there any way they can reduce my salary that was agreed pre-merger? I am assuming not, but guess there are ways and means to reduce benefits or pressure for unpaid overtime etc... to feel they are getting value (you know what I mean).

Can I be singled out for not receiving a cost of living allowance or does this increase go against roles/ titles. i.e. If I work as a finance analyist as well as my friend, but I receive 5% more salary. Is the company able to increase his salary and keep mine the same until we are paid the same?

Sorry for the theory and querying. It will come about, and interested to know what can and can't be done.

Thank you for your time.

Roj

Hello again Roj. Is this a continuation of one of your previous threads? I wonder if it might be worth merging them so we can give you better advice. Otherwise it just confuses things for us.

To merge threads, you can click on the red triangle at the bottom of one of your posts and 'report' it to the site team. They will help you merge two threads together.

I'm sorry to say, I'm not sure where we're heading with all this. Not to say I won't try to help, but if you start multiple threads, it confuses simple souls like myself, for instance :).

If you don't mind my asking, what would you like to happen please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Apologies...

It has no bearing on my other post.

I am just wondering if a contract can be changed and can cost of living increases be cancelled for myself whereas someone doing the exact same role can receive the increase.

Question on employee law etc... rather than something specific to me.

Cheers

Hi,

Were TUPE'd over to the new employer?

Have a look at ACAS advice here on restructures and TUPE Acas - Transfer of undertakings (TUPE)

More detail on TUPE here http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file20761.pdf

What is the reason they are giving you for the drop in wages and position?

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

What is the reason they are giving you for the drop in wages and position?

Thank you for the links. :)

It is not happening, but it has been commented that I am on more than those of the same grade.

This just lead me to wonder if they could reduce my wage, or stop the annual rise for living increase.

The main thing is I am looking for a mortgage and if my wage is held for 5 years or reduced it will cause serious problems financially.

Cheers

Under TUPE, your existing terms take precedence and cannot be changed unless you are prepared to 'negotiate' a move to their own terms. That means that your salary remains unchanged and if the pay rise was contractual then that should still happen as well.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!