Going back to work after illness (Employer say's nothing for me)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,Looking for some guideance relating to what my employer has said about going back to work.In 2006 I went back to work with reasonable adjustment after a heart attack,now having suffered another attack in March of 2010 I have been told by my employer following him getting a medical report that there is nothing that i can now do at work and no more reasonable adjustment's to be made.After my latest meeting with my employer he has put forward a proposal of a zero hours contract based on he may get some work that i could do.Not to sure what's going on,but i have been with the company for 18.5 years with a faultless record.:confused::confused:

Any help will be gratefully welcomed.

Hello there and welcome to CAG. This must be tough for you. Can I ask a couple of questions please?

Have you had anything in writing from them?

And is there any scheme in place for employees who are unable to work through illness, or a pension scheme maybe?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi HB,

Nothing in writing at this stage other than a letter stating what my meeting was for (to discuss options) yesterday.

We have no form of scheme for my situation.

Checked the .gov site and the legal min for them to do if nothing can be done to get back to work is:

Dismiss me with 12 weeks notice,if this is so then for my health's sake so be it but they have not mentioned anything yet that will involve them parting with any money.looks to me as they want me to resign/leave without saying so much.

Haven't told me that they will confirm in writing the meeting minutes. I have to respond to the zero hours contract on Monday 19th, other than that i have no idea where they plan on going upon me refusing the contract of no hours.

Well, I don't know what the others think, but this doesn't seem very long for an important decision, especially if you have nothing in writing. Did you understand what they were offering and all the details when you met them?

I suggested to coll gt4 that he should ask for notes of the meeting, giving the reason that he couldn't take it all in at the time and his emailed document looks useful. If it's appropriate, would your people do the same, do you think?

HB x

Edited by honeybee13
addition.

Illegitimi non carborundum

From my interpretation of the meeting they dont want to offer me any position in the company and want me gone.But they must think i'm so naive(possibly :rolleyes: stupid)to agree to a change of contract which looks like it would allow them to get out of paying me any kind of renumeration.They even asked me had i been looking for alternative employment:confused:

I will ask for a copy of the meeting minutes hopefully will get a positive response.

I have read the thread you mentioned