possible back billing for unregistered meter- advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted recently about an unregistered electrcicity meter in the flat i was renting. (Long story short- no bill throughout my tennancy, i was told by previous tennants there was no bill and assumed was included in rent, turns out the flat was simply not being billed by supplier- am stil to work out exaclty why- but seemes it's never been billed in the entire time it's been rented out.)

I have a couple of questions about where I stand now that I have moved out. I have talked to the landlord about the problem and they claim ignorance as to why the flat's never been billed, they can't explain why prevoius tennant told me there was no bill etc. In fact they said they have no record of who supplied the electricity- ever! They asked me to find out who the supplier is, which I have done, but beyond that they don't seem too concerned.

In a couple of days I return the keys to the landlord and ask for my deposit back. Could the landlord legally withold my deposit and claim that there is an 'unpaid bill' even though that isn't actually the case and won't bill until it's clear what action the suplier takes. I have said i will pay for my share and I will provide a fowarding address for the landlord to get in touch.

Currently no one new has moved in and I get the feeling the landlord just wants to wait and see what happnes when someone new does arrive and set up a new account (ie. will the supplier realise.)

When this happens and if the supplier realises their mistake how can I make sure I'm back-billed fairly for the time i rented the flat? And how can I use the billing code to decide if the fault is on the part of the supplier?