NatWest/ Shakespeare Putsman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Please can you help me, I am in a right state! I received court papers yesterday from NatWest.

I will keep the story as short as possible, 2 years ago (almost to the day) our business closed, we had done everything we could to keep it going, ploughed everything we had into it. The business had one main creditor, Nat West for which I had a personal guarentee of 30k for a loan I had taken out. There was 23k of that loan outstanding.

The correspondance from the bank was really sporadic, it took 6 months for before I received a letter asking for me to repay.

I have only received a couple of letters from Natwest and each time I have responded with my income and expenditure and an offer of payment.

Correspondence has been almost none existent. In March, 2010, I received a 14 day notice to pay the whole amount from Shakespeare Putsman Solicitors on behalf of NatWest

We were unable to pay this as we were also dealing with a huge amount of personal debt following the demise of the business.

We offered three solutions, 10k over three years (277.77 per month) 5k as a one off payment ( we could borrow this from family) or a charge on our house.

I didn't receive any response or acknowledgement of this letter, they did receive it as I sent it recorded and got a signature.

Then yesterday the court papers arrive saying we owe a total of £32,167

I don't know what to do or where to turn. Any help or guidance would really be appreciated, I feel completely out of my depth.

Thank you