not received my jsa

abigail25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya,

i sign on on a wednesday and receive my jsa on a saturday(fortnightly obviously) in my bank, have done this for the past 6 months, its not a new claim or refreshed claim and i'm not getting ctc as i have no children. however i went and checked my bank yesterday as always but no money was in there. i haven't had any problems up until now so what has gone wrong, anyone got any ideas? it looks like i'll probably have to get an emergency giro tomorrow doesn't it?

also anyone ever done a course with the jobcentre and the company is called community systems? they are government funded and offer ppl on benefits free training and work in partnership work in partnership with the jobcentre. they help with literacy,numeracy,cv writing etc. i'm supposed to be starting this (through choice) 12 july. 3 different ppl who work within the jobcentre have told me i'll get my jsa on my normal day with an extra £20 on top. they also told me that my housing and council tax benefit will not be affected( 2 work for this community systems place). however the 3rd person was a jobcentre advisor and he told me i'll be signing off jsa to do this course and when the course is finished (8- 12 weeks) i will have to do a rapid re-claim. i thought you only did a rapid re-claim if you were signing on but got a job, then lost the job within 6 months of last signing if that makes sense. he also told me that i will still get my jsa + £20 extra. i'm confused, anyone else done this course and could tell me a bit more as i don't feel i'm being explained to properly.

please help.dunno[1].gif

Having read this I am also confused - sorry I can't say better, but I am hoping that some one may come along shortly who can shed some insight, they very often do that in here I have noticed.

Sit tight, you are in the right place here.

Cheers,

ThePonderer

I'm not sure about what's happened, you'll probably have to ring the JSA enquiry line for that information.

With regards to Rapid Reclaims however that can be triggered by you signing off and then reclaiming a benefit within 26 weeks of signing off. It doesn't have to be because you started work, it could also be because you went abroad or missed an appointment.

The only slight issue that might come up would be that you seem to be moving from JSA onto a government training course. If you did call to make a Rapid Reclaim one of the first questions is "are you claiming JSA because you've been on a training course and this has now ended". If the answer to this is yes then the people in the contact centre will advise you to call your adviser in the jobcentre to get back onto JSA. From what you've said so far this would seem to be the route you'd do, but you might want to check that in the jobcentre since I think there's a time limit after the course ends to speak to the adviser, after that it has to be a rapid reclaim (assuming you're still within 26 weeks at that point).

hiya,

i sign on on a wednesday and receive my jsa on a saturday(fortnightly obviously) in my bank, have done this for the past 6 months, its not a new claim or refreshed claim and i'm not getting ctc as i have no children. however i went and checked my bank yesterday as always but no money was in there. i haven't had any problems up until now so what has gone wrong, anyone got any ideas? it looks like i'll probably have to get an emergency giro tomorrow doesn't it?

also anyone ever done a course with the jobcentre and the company is called community systems? they are government funded and offer ppl on benefits free training and work in partnership work in partnership with the jobcentre. they help with literacy,numeracy,cv writing etc. i'm supposed to be starting this (through choice) 12 july. 3 different ppl who work within the jobcentre have told me i'll get my jsa on my normal day with an extra £20 on top. they also told me that my housing and council tax benefit will not be affected( 2 work for this community systems place). however the 3rd person was a jobcentre advisor and he told me i'll be signing off jsa to do this course and when the course is finished (8- 12 weeks) i will have to do a rapid re-claim. i thought you only did a rapid re-claim if you were signing on but got a job, then lost the job within 6 months of last signing if that makes sense. he also told me that i will still get my jsa + £20 extra. i'm confused, anyone else done this course and could tell me a bit more as i don't feel i'm being explained to properly.

please help.dunno[1].gif

I think you will find its most likely the bank. Your official payment day will actually be the Monday each time, however some banks do mondays payments on a saturday or sunday.

This happened to me a couple of times. once when the highly intelegent chip in the jobcentre forgot to enter it on the system when I signed on, and twice when Ive started one of their training scheams, stating can cause delays but shouldnt. best thing to do is wring the jobcentre and ask what the problem is. the sooner you ask the sooner its sorted.

I was told life was supposed to be one long learning curve.

Mines more a series of hairpin bends.