Confused over new DLA Medical

ANDYANDFLO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had a meeting with the RBL today and they are strongly 'pushing' me to claim DLA.

I have read in the paper that there is to be a new medical for ALL DLA claimants. I thought this was normal anyhow, as the people that I know of have all had home visits from ATOS in the past 2 years to assess them. Everyone failed for the same reason ESA claimants are failing - the assessment bears no relationship to what was said or done.

Now if this is to be a widespread thing are we in for another mountain of cases going to the Tribunal?

If that is the case I for one am not going to put myself through that scenario - had enough with the ESA one!!!

ATOS seem to be getting everywhere including under my skin!!

Greetings Andy,

If you have been advised to claim it I would go ahead and do so.

RBL is that the royal british legion ?

The new medicals are not due to come in until 2014 and like you I am bemused as to what these are

We have been told that more will be said in October but I am searching around to find out more.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

The compulsory medicals do not begin for DLA until 2013, however at the moment if the DCS dealing with a DLA claim feel the claimant should have a medical they can at the moment make the claimant have one. It's not very common though.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Greetings to you PF, yes that is correct - Royal British Legion, a long story why they are looking after me, ex services and all that - did put a full post on here a while back.

Yes I am as confused as you are, that makes two so far!

2014 eh? well that will be a year to remember - 65 then!

OK, they seem to know best so I'll just go along with them.

Thanks for the support.

And yes Hendo (not forgotten you) it's all in a form I suppose. Just don't fancy having to go through another appeal though, in the middle of one now for ESA and it's a right old nightmare!!

Thanks to you both

The compulsory medicals do not begin for DLA until 2013, however at the moment if the DCS dealing with a DLA claim feel the claimant should have a medical they can at the moment make the claimant have one. It's not very common though.

Thanks Erika,

Maybe that is why my wife had one this year as she is not at all common!!. They insisted!! But love the girl as I do and true to form she told the 'guy' after 15mins to get out of the house because she felt intimidated!! Gee I wish I had been there. I was banished to the shed for the duration of the assessment.

All 5' nothing of her and she is the only person that frightens me!!

Needless to say that she failed the claim for DLA on the basis that there was insufficient medical evidence.

AND she is refusing point blank to be thought of as a liar by having to prove herself at a Tribunal.

She is so honest - too damn honest and straight for her own good sometimes.

Forgive me if I am wrong here, Andy - is it your wife who doesn't go to the GP? I seem to remember someone posting about that. If so that would have been the reason for the medical. If there is no-one that they can get a report from that reflects recent condition, a medical has to be done. Fat lot of good it does though in most cases!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Forgive me if I am wrong here, Andy - is it your wife who doesn't go to the GP? I seem to remember someone posting about that. If so that would have been the reason for the medical. If there is no-one that they can get a report from that reflects recent condition, a medical has to be done. Fat lot of good it does though in most cases!

Hi Erika

Yes that is her!!

Last time she went according to the report from the GP (DBD370 N GPFR) was in May 2009. That was only because our GP telephoned her to go in as she was not happy with just handing out Co-Codamol 30/500 at the rate she had been doing. I don't know what happened as my wife would never allow me to go with her. Anyhow, nothing changed and she still gets them on prescription on demand with no further recourse to her.

I've just noticed that on DBD385 they entered that she hadn't seen the GP for over three years!! Ummm somebody is telling porkies!!

The actual truth is that the last time she went to the GP for a consultation and to discuss the remedies for her ailments was in 2005!

Never mind, the best bit is on the DLA EMP Report - the 'doctor' wrote that he was 'manhandled physically out of the premises by the claimant and indeed suffered a grazed knee when he fell over a flowerpot'

What I would have given to have seen that. My lovely wife, being of Irish stock is not a violent woman but she can put the fear of God in anybody that upsets her!!