Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help. I am in disagreement with Bank of Scotland over a loan that was sold to me by a garage for car purchase in March 2007. Negotiations with the garage were in respect of a HP deal and I have a letter from the garage that confirms this and that finance proposals were submitted, by the garage to Bank of Scotland (trading as Capital Bank) for HP.

The garage took my part ex off me immediately 'to secure the deal' and then declared that the new vehicle could not be released due to 'registration issues'. It took a week and a vast amount of phone calls from me to arrange, to collect the new vehicle.

During this period unbeknown to me, the bank 'flipped' the agreed, negotiated, arrangement to a loan without declaring that they had done so, and neither they nor the dealer informed me of this at the time of signing. Indeed at signing the garage confirmed that the deal was in fact HP.

I am of the view that there has been some misrepresentation of the loan and elements of what could be considered sharp practice by the dealer.

I have been in dialogue with the Bank of Scotland, who are standing by the signed loan agreement and are refusing to investigate or otherwise consider any misrepresentation and my allegations, despite the dealer confirming the original , agreed proposal. The bank refuse to speak to the dealer.

Can anyone offer advise as to how I can deal with this?

I have been to the Financial Ombudsman - their response was that they can only investigate instances of misselling from April 2007 onwards..this matter was from March 2007.

Is there anywhere else that I can turn to get help with this? or indeed how can I formally progress this matter?

I would be grateful for any help/advice.support

I would ask the OFT and TS to look into it, via Consumer Direct give them a ring and ask for their advice.

As for the FOS I would go on their website and resubmit your complaint or ask them if they can look into it.

FAQs - complaints we cover

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!