Did anyone look at my Personal Information?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner requested a copy of his file from his previous employer however he did not receive it as they refused to send it as they stated it was a large bundle. His previous employers are in Mitcham and he lives in Essex and informed them that he could not collect the bundles and they insisted that they would not post it. Despite this they responded after the 40 day limited. He complained to the Information Commissioner`s Office and they were told to send it to him. He has now received the data however, the said that there were 3 packages and they were dropped through the door and the packaging was torn on two of the packages. Therefore he does not know if whoever delivered it had looked at his personal information, which was inlcuded copies of his passport, NI number, bank details etc. He is also concerned as he is due to move from the property and whoever delivered the packages did not ensure that he was the recipient by requesting a signaturelink3.gif. It this information covered in the Data Protection Act?:Cry::cry::Cry:

Were the bundles packages securely, the reason I ask is that I used to work on the post and quite often people would pack an envelope really tightly with far to much content and the envelopes would split in the machinery. I often had to delivery ripped packages. Unless you have a really 'shady' postman its highly unlikely they bothered to read the information, they usually just want to get rid of the post as fast as they can.

As for the signature, what kind of post was used? Was it recorded or special delivery?

He is also concerned as he is due to move from the property and whoever delivered the packages did not ensure that he was the recipient by requesting a signaturelink3.giflink3.gif

If the packages were not sent by either of these then there would be no need for a signature on delivery.

What are you actually trying to ascertain? If you want to know if anybody has seen the contents then it is impossible to say. If the packaging is torn then the contents could possibly have been seen but presumably only the first page was visible which I'm guessing would have been a covering letter?

The company should clearly have taken more care - i.e. by using more secure packaging, and using some more secure delivery method... but not sure what you are wanting to do about this after the event?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

My query is although it is after the event, what I no longer lived there and it went to someone else who lived at the property as they did not ascertain if I was the right receipient? Also I have noticed that there are somethings that are not there, that should be there. I want to know what I CAN do about this.

If the package was just sent by normal mail then there was no need for the postman to ascertain if it was the correct recipitent. The delivery is made to the address not the person.

As Barracad said, the company sending the parcels should have taken more care with the packaging.

What are you hoping to achieve, there is nothing you can do about the situation. If you are sure things are missing then you can only contact the sender to see it they have copies and suggest to them that they resend them, this time more securely packaged and by a 'signed for' delivery.

If it wasn't sent reordered delivery then i would complain to the company saying you hadn't received it.

They must send it all again as they cannot prove that they have fulfilled your original request.

When you receive it again compare the two bundles to see what is missing if anything