ok so they say i have a case BUT.....lloydstsb bank charges*****WIN*****

lenny100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NBYB

An excellent insight into this issue from another point of view. I interpret what you say as giving any claimant 3 years from the OFT report - IF they might "reasonably" have been expected to know of it. However, since the OFT report was hardly Front Page news, then IMHO for many people this 3 years period has still not started- or just starts with their first claim. Indeed the Card companies' claims and silence adds justification to this opinion.

This 6 years claim is a key weapon used by these companies to wriggle out of repaying totally unjustified charges. I would really like to know if it has been tested in court and thus backed up by Case Law? Anyone know for definite?

From my own experience they also try to claim the £12 charge is "fair" - but they do give into this one when challenge dto "prove it" - but I hav eno experience of trying to get older (over 6 years) cahrges repaid (yet!).

BD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies BD I may not have explained myself clearly

You could say you only discovered yesterday that you had cause to complaint about something that happend more than six years ago and because of the rules of the FOS, it has to investigate it.

The legal remit of the FOS means that it HAS TO assess a complaint on the basis of what is fair and reasonable and you can use this to your advantage.

Is something that happend more fair and reasonable because it happend 7 years ago rather than 5 years ago. The simple answer is no and this mean you can forget the statue of limitations with regard to the FOS.

The s.228 of the FMSA 2000 and subsequent case law confirms that the FOS does not have to base its decision on the statue of limitations but what is fair and reasonable.

NBYB

Thanks for the clarification. However when I did try to complain to FOS about default charges they simply asked "were you late paying - were you over limit?" I took from that they would only investigate charges which were WRONGLY/MISTAKENLY imposed - not UNFAIRLY imposed because they grossly exceeded any costs or loss incurred by the card companies.

Have others got different FOS experiences from mine?

BD

• 4 weeks later...

well now its October and still nothing, so much for there stated allocation rules

Of course, we can’t prioritise every case. But we will make special efforts to minimise delays where it is clear to us that:

• The consumer would face particular financial difficulties because of any delay. This might occur, for example, where:
    the consumer is already experiencing severe financial hardship that would be alleviated by a positive outcome to their complaint;
    – there is an imminent threat of a lender taking possession of the consumer’s home;
    – a significant and damaging financial loss is expected to occur in the near future; or
    the outcome of the complaint will decide the consumer’s main source of income.

Thank you for your email of 23 October 2010.

I appreciate that you have received a letter from an ombudsman's administrator, and that you are unhappy about the delay in reviewing your complaint.

I apologise for the delay. I am unable to give you a definite time frame as to how long it will take for an ombudsman to review your complaint. However, I have been informed that, due to the high volumes of cases awaiting decisions, it may be a few months before your case can be reviewed. I should clarify that an ombudsman has the power to make awards as they see fit, but I cannot comment as to what an award, if any, will be.

As the letter explained, the case is now awaiting decision, we would be grateful if you send any further correspondence to the following contact details:

Telephone: 020 7093 5500 (office hours);

Email: [email protected]; or

Write to our casework-support team at the below address.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR

Tel: 020 3222 9790 | Fax: 020 3222 9791

I today recived a letter from your office informing me that my case was still awaiting review, before it is referred to an ombudsman for a final decision.

I find that after over 10 months of what is clearly a hardship case as defined by your own website :-

The consumer would face particular financial difficulties because of any delay. This might occur, for example, where:

– the consumer is already experiencing severe financial hardship that would be alleviated by a positive outcome to their complaint;

That this is beyond a joke considering Lloyds tsb bank has already ignored one judgment by yourself which you informed me of on 18 June 2010

Could you please let me know how much longer I am expected to wait?

And will the on-going charges made by Lloyds tsb will also be paid up till the day of any judgment by your ombudsman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

well got yet another sorry its takeing so long letter today, even had the gaul to say they relise that its nearly a year since i started this process but they are working as fast as they can.....

I would e-mail your MP on a daily basis (replying to all and taking off your own name so a long e-mail trail builds up) and keep on until you get a reply. It will come from his office anyway - not from him personally - but they probably work on basis of he who shouts loudest and most often - hoping most problems die before they need dealt with. If after about 20 such e-mails you don't get any response then forward to Vince Cable (or whoever is Minsiter in charge of FOS?).

BD

• 4 weeks later...

emailed my mp yet again with the following

In February 2010 I wrote to the Financial Ombudsman Service about the service I am receiving from Lloyds TSB bank due to financial hardship.

On the 18th June 2010 I received a letter from the adjudicator in this case that my complaint has been upheld by her on the 12 may 2010, but Lloyds TSB bank had not not replied to her and was ignoring her ruling, that they should pay back all bank charges from 22 may 2008 at 8% interest per year, correction of credit files, and £150 for distress and inconvenience.

She then put this complaint forward to the ombudsman for a final ruling at that time, giving me a chance to add to my complaint, which I did stressing that I am in finical difficulty and the FOS own website states :

we will make special efforts to minimise delays where it is clear to us that:

• The consumer would face particular financial difficulties because of any delay. This might occur, for example, where:
    – the consumer is already experiencing severe financial hardship that would be alleviated by a positive outcome to their complaint;

nearly a year on and all I ever receive is a letter stating that my case is still in a que to be reviewed by a ombudsman,

I am now asking you if can find out when my case will be looked at as according to my records I am now looking at over £ 4000 in compensation which will greatly help me in resolving my financial difficulty’s

hope this does something!.

I would keep on at your MP on a weekly basis - until you get a reply from him/her - and then continue weekly to tell him "still not heard from FOS" until you do hear. If you keep just forwarding the last e-mail - so adding to the e-mail trail they'll soon get the messag eyour NOT going to go away. I'm pretty sure they deal with the biggest noisiest nuisances first.

Good luck!

BD

receved a letter from my mp today on offical note paper saying he is writeing to both the fos and the minister responsabel for them, asking what is going on and he will get back to me when he has a reply.

gess he got my emails at lomg last>

That's good - pity he hasn't learned how to e-mail himself - so you could have heard from him earlier - and he could have saved the public paying for his stamp and stationery!

I guess the best thing now is to leave it to him - and not annoy him with further e-mails - unless he too takes too long to get it sorted out?

BD

• 2 weeks later...

They don't say how long they'll take. given they tell you to give the Bank etc. 8 weeks before going to FOS in the first place I would give FOS 8 weeks - and then get back to your MP pointing out they've had another 8 weeks on top of the X months they've taken so far.

BD

• 1 month later...

Well done. Now you just need to sort out that PPI claim :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

well now 2 weeks and nothing from lloyds, they have untill the 28 of June before i can contact the fos to complain they haven't done anything.

any ideas what i should do after this date