Abbey - not looking good

Massamum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a thought is there anyway you could scan and send the documents you have signed and post them up,this might be classed as sensitive information so you can do it on a private message if you like and i dont mean to me personally i mean to anyone on the forum that may be able to help,just thought i would clear that up for anyone who is reading this.I dont think it would hurt to take a look at the contract,a fresh pair of eyes and all that.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Massamum,

I sorry to hear that...

I can't help feeling that the unfair relationships legislation could've helped you... have a read of Peter Bentley's case and see how much applies to you.

Best wishes for the future.

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....

Are you sure you're tied into this deal? - I don't thing any house sale is cut and dried until the last minute - and it's a hell of a lot of equity to lose. Go to a solicitor (you can get a free hour's advice at most firms) and ask them to check the paperwork for this. I know you have a lot on your plate, but please don't lose all that equity without exploring other options.

Hi Ell, thanks for your concern and sorry I haven't been back on here for a while. I'm pretty much resigned to all of this going through, and to be honest I can't wait to see the back of the house now - its gone from my lovely home to a source of too much stress. All being well, it should be done and dusted sometime in the next couple of weeks and I can then start to get on with my life. I'm not sure there are any other avenues open to me anyway, as I got the repo order from the court yesterday outlining how I must vacate on the specified date and without any other buyers in the vicinity .... well, as I said, should all be over with in next few weeks. Thanks for all your help in this, you've been a star x

Well i did some research this afternoon and it looks to me like your getting more or less the going rate from them in terms of these private companies and to be honest i cannot find anything in the way of bad press or complaints.I must admit im in agreement with Ellenn here its an awfull lot to loose and personally i would be looking to apply on n244 at the eviction stage for an extention of time so i could do my best to sell on the open market,however if your still determined to go down this route and be shot of the place i can understand that too.I would check to see if i were tied in or not to this agreement ,if not you could at least shop around a little more and please,please before you go signing things come back to this forum where we can advise before you sign on dotted lines,even the most simple of questions you will get help with on the forum,we are here to help and advise so use us,its no trouble:smile:

Hi Newstarter, thanks for your comments. The market is as dead as a dodo where I live and absolutely nothing is moving. I’ve not had any interest in months so like I said to Ell, I’m pretty much resigned to this – its either sell to this company or lose it to repo anyway and the charges that that will entail. I’ve done my research on the firm (FSA – check, Companies House – check, and no adverse publicity either) and they seem to come out ok, but I’m putting an awful lot of trust in them and I can only hope and pray that I don’t get ripped off. Will come back at the end of it all and let you know how I get on.

Hi Massamum,

I sorry to hear that...

I can't help feeling that the unfair relationships legislation could've helped you... have a read of Peter Bentley's case and see how much applies to you.

Best wishes for the future.

Thanks for that AnimalMagic and for your good wishes. That was an interesting read and I’m so happy for Peter Bentley to get such a good outcome, he deserves it. My mortgage isn’t regulated under CCA though so I doubt I’d get anywhere and haven't the stomach for it now either, but I’m sure it could apply to a lot of other people. I can’t wait for all of this to end now.

Sorry this is crazy, I understand your situation and I do feel for you these companies are just as bad as DCA's. Did you think about going to auction fast quick sale and you could have set a similar reserve! These companies do buy at auction and you may well have found they compete. Its so much to lose I feel for you. You could have advert' in the local paper a builder may have snapped it up for a much better price please I hope this helps you and its not too late...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Please do not PM me I do not use the PM service. Please use a link on my thread for any help or to talk.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's quite easy to say to sell through an estate agent, go to auction, reduce price etc etc but the situation on the ground is quite different. Houses on the market are not selling. There is lot of inventory building up especially in areas which are not prosperous. I have seen several houses on the market which even after substantial reduction in prices, are not generating any interest. Buyers have a hell lot of choices available. Also we need to be realistic about the time it takes to get the money after the house sale completion, not all people can wait that long.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was time I updated on my situation. After a great deal of stress, the sale went ahead, I had to jump through many a hoop in the process. It was all very dodgy but finally completed and I got my money - not as much as I was expecting as the swines shafted me the day before completion by slashing thousands off the (already ridiculously low) price, I was in too deep at that point to back out and they knew it. A lesson to be learned and I think I may have got more if the house had been repossessed but I can't afford to have regrets now and will forge ahead as best I can. So much for "regulated" companies.

Thanks for the update. It's really disappointing to hear your experience of a quick sale. This clearly means that people should stay away at least from the company which you used for this purpose.

I know what it is like to get shafted many times in life and it feels SH>>T. Sorry to be blunt.:-x

If I can offer you some words of help or advice then look up a poem if you dont know it already that is called "footprints" it may help you feel better about life. Not a religious person myself however I think you can take "GOD" to mean your best friend or close partner loved one etc.. Look it up it may help...

Im so sorry the company did that to you.. Last thing you needed however you seem to have things in perspective SO I WISH ALL THE BEST OF LUCK FOR THE FUTURE...:-)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Please do not PM me I do not use the PM service. Please use a link on my thread for any help or to talk.

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear how you were treated by these people. However, please try not to take the bad experience with you when you move on to what should be a new start for you. You did what you thought was best at the time and put your trust in those who let you down.

I like to believe in karma - people like that should suffer themselves at some point for what they did.

I hope you can find peace in your new home and can put all the troubles you have had behind you.

Ellx

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I know what it is like to get shafted many times in life and it feels SH>>T. Sorry to be blunt.:-x

If I can offer you some words of help or advice then look up a poem if you dont know it already that is called "footprints" it may help you feel better about life. Not a religious person myself however I think you can take "GOD" to mean your best friend or close partner loved one etc.. Look it up it may help...

Im so sorry the company did that to you.. Last thing you needed however you seem to have things in perspective SO I WISH ALL THE BEST OF LUCK FOR THE FUTURE...:-)

Not blunt at all Drowning, absolutely spot on actually. Thanks for your kind and supportive words and sorry you’ve been shafted many times too, there are some bad people out there. I hope life is treating you better now. I love the footprints poem.

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear how you were treated by these people. However, please try not to take the bad experience with you when you move on to what should be a new start for you. You did what you thought was best at the time and put your trust in those who let you down.

I like to believe in karma - people like that should suffer themselves at some point for what they did.

I hope you can find peace in your new home and can put all the troubles you have had behind you.

Ellx

Thanks Ell, I’m slowly but surely getting there. Can’t allow myself to think too deeply about what’s happened, write it off to experience and look forward. I’m in a nice flat and I have a (small) amount of money to play with so I can’t grumble, there are many far worse off than me. And yes, their karma will catch up with them at some point.

Hi Massamum,

It's been a while since i've been on CAG, and I was so sorry to read this thread, it's sounds like you've had a really hard time and yes these companies are always out to make a fast buck - a very large fast buck!

Just wanted to say, having to give up your home isn't easy- it's stressful trying to keep it and heartbreaking to hand over to someone else, but believe me life really does get better when all that stress is no longer on your shoulders.

Enjoy your new home and take care of yourself.

Joemay

Hi Massamum,

It's been a while since i've been on CAG, and I was so sorry to read this thread, it's sounds like you've had a really hard time and yes these companies are always out to make a fast buck - a very large fast buck!

Just wanted to say, having to give up your home isn't easy- it's stressful trying to keep it and heartbreaking to hand over to someone else, but believe me life really does get better when all that stress is no longer on your shoulders.

Enjoy your new home and take care of yourself.

Joemay

Hi Joemay,

Thank you so much for your kind words. You are absolutely right, life does get better! I am settling into my new home nicely and I am beginning to relax after literally years of the most awful, burdensome worry.

Hope life is treating you well?

Massa

Wow what a read!!

So glad you are happy with yourself now Massamum

Enjoy your future.

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..