CCJ Notice sent to wrong adress- please advice.

Bei
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Hoping for your kind advice for i am new on this. So here it goes...

Today we have obtained a statutory credit report from equifax. We were surprised to see that my husband's has got 2 CCJ on them.

The first one is with CL finance for an asda mastercard on which we have knowledge of and has been settled and satisfied December 2009. We didnt know what to do with those Court claim forms at that time so we just opted to acknowledge the debt.

Now for the second one... I rang the court and gave them the claim number and we were surprise to know that again it was from CL finance again, this time for an asda storecard. Apparently, CL finance has been sending default notices to our old address until such time they have sent court claims on which we didnt received any of it. I told the court if they can forward these documents to my current address and they will do so. I called CL finance afterwards and i was asked to pay the balance over the phone or they will have somebody to come to my house. Do they have the right to do this when i believe that they were at fault for sending notices to an old address when clearly, they should have our current address because of that 1st CCJ that we have settled with them already?

What should we do when a judgement has already been passed when clearly, there is a case of mis-communication in here.

I would be grateful for any advices please. I would really like to help my husband but i dont know where to start. He cant afford to have 2 CCJ, its pretty upsetting and stressful. Thanks everyone and more power to this site!

Hi there,

Welcome to CAG.

Let us deal with the first CCJ you mention.

If you acknowledged the court claim, accepted the CCJ and then repaid it; you'll have to accept the fact you will have a CCJ credit marker for 6 years.

With regards to the second CCJ; if you were not aware of any court claim and/or did not receive the relevant paperwork, them you can apply to set aside the CCJ.

Setting Aside a CCJ -

A Guide To Setting Aside CCJ's You Never Received

CCJ removal inc. step by step guide

Applying for a Set-aside

Spamalot - CCJ and interest on debt. ***WON***

Setting aside the original CCJ of your CCA