SAR for £25000 loan?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please would someone clarify if I can SAR for a £25000 unsecured loan?

I have read about under £25k and over £25k, this loan is exactly £25K.

The loan was taken out around 4 years ago, ( online) all through our very difficult times the payments have been made in full, apart from 2 months payments. The loan is with Lloydstsb. The balance is now only around £5k, we are still making the full monthly payments, but they are constantly phoning and writing for the 2 missed payments. They have tried to get us to sign a new loan agreement ( not that stupid!) Just really annoyed with them now, as out of all our creditors they have had full payment. We were thinking of offering them a much lower monthly payment, but really not sure what is best to do. We can't make up the 2 missed payments.

Any help appreciated.

For what reason do you want to do a Subject access request?

It will serve you no purpose at this time, Have you corresponded with them regards the 2 missed payments.

Why do you want to make smaller payments.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

You can send an SAR to any organisation that hold personal data on you. If this loan was taken out in 2006 then i would doubt it is covered by the CCA. What do do you hope to achieve by sending for the data?? Are the charges on the loan??

Thanks for the reply. To be honest I am not sure what I hope to achieve! We made an arrangement just over 6 months ago, that we would continue to make the full monthly payments and that it would be reviewed in 6 months time. Throughout the 6 months they wrote letters asking for the money, sending new loan agreements with double the interest rate ( we didn't sign). Maybe we should just lump them in with the other creditors and offer a much lower payment, as making them a priority has not helped.

Just continue making your payments would be my advice,

I would also write a strong letter to them explaining your financial position and request them to stop the harassment,

Have you received any official default notices?

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Just continue making your payments would be my advice,

I would also write a strong letter to them explaining your financial position and request them to stop the harassment,

Have you received any official default notices?

No default notice, the letters stated reduced monthly payments, but they were the full monthly payments, just 2 months missed last year.'s It's actually less than 2 missed payments as we paid a bit extra each month.

It might not be a bad idea to send them an Income and Expenditure sheet to show that you are paying what you can afford. Although i am surprised they have not asked for one.

Maybe they didn't ask for this because we only missed 2 payments then continued with full monthly payments?

For what reason do you want to do a Subject access request?

It will serve you no purpose at this time, Have you corresponded with them regards the 2 missed payments.

Why do you want to make smaller payments.

Point taken on SAR. The reason for wanting to make smaller payments is that we are being helped by family to make this full payment each month. All other creditors are on a payment plan for low monthly payments.

We have told them that we can not make up the 2 missed payments, but have offered to continue paying the full monthly payments... the letters and phone calls continue! Becuase of this I see little point in trying our best to get them payed off, we may as well have the phone calls for non payment!

No default notice, the letters stated reduced monthly payments, but they were the full monthly payments, just 2 months missed last year.'s It's actually less than 2 missed payments as we paid a bit extra each month.

They cannot lawfully issue a default notice so long as you remain under two months in arrears.

• Haha 1

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965