largo law bankruptcy petition statue barred **** WON ****

buffyoo7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sent s a r off this morning any help with what documents i am sending into the court would be a big help not sure what to put on the 6.19 form thanks buffy x

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

phoned court today and they have now sent me all documents on the case. also phoned direct line to get an account number off them for sar but the could not find me on there system the lady who i spoke to went on to tell me they do not use out side law firms and had not heard of largo law. also i think that they are not acting on behalf of direct line as it says on the petition the put into the court but for allied credit as it say direct line but the addressthey have put is not direct lines but allied credit any ideas on what to do now thanks buffy x

Buffy x

I've just noticed further back that Largo have said Patrick Stone has left the company.

If I were you, I would find a way of confirming this is true. Don't trust them. One bit.

The OC has almost certainly sold this account. They must have sold the debt to Allied Credit, which is AIC - hence the earlier address for AIC showing up in Glasgow. So CCA and SAR to AIC with the Largo reference may be the next urgent step.

42man, do you agree? What's the best way to get this info quickly?

With so little time it may be difficult....my feeling is that once the copy of the stat demand has arrived as you have never seen it then you should set this aside, Along with the petition. I can only presume you have never received any notice of assignment, any agreement (obviously they will be in default of your request by the time it gets to court)...you have to be showing to be finding out as much as you can within the limited timescale (which you have done). Interesting that Direct Line have never heard of you !! and despite them not having heard of you then I would still send a SAR to them. It might also be worth sending one to Allied Credit too. I will write out a defence for your petition and stat demand later. Bear with me...

sorry was just doing school run

1. i did not know anything about ppi they never mentioned it

2.needs and requirements statement ......... not sure what this is

3.did you approve the PPI.............. no

4.yes they only sent 2 pages of the cca

5.not got the stat demand yet but last week when i went to the court the lady showed me a copy and i think it was 12 /2/2010

6. also on the stat demand it was saying it was served by direct line

going to have a read of the link you sent thanks again buffy x

Buffy x

Served by Direct Line? But they claim to have no knowledge of you? I'm guessing that's a mistake caused by just having a quick read - definitely SERVED by Direct Line? This gets murkier...

Buffy

Just to help a little. Have worked for DL in the past. Once a record has been cancelled or lapsed on their systems, it only stays on the live database for a few years. But there will be an archive record they can obtain through their IT people. Legally they have to maintain records for a minimum of 7 or 10 years (can't remember which) for accounting purposes.

In regard to storage of records, DL have had a very chaotic system. They use to put every single individual communication event into a box, along with the papers relating to other customers, with the same batch date that they worked on. The storage boxes were then sent to an outside storage company. Receiving subject access requests is a bit of a nightmare, as they have to get a van load of boxes back, to search through.

In view of the urgency, you would be best to phone the customer relations team at the office that dealt with your application. Explain to them the urgency of obtaining the information and register the request with them. Then follow up with the letter to the person/team you dealt with together with the payment for £10 payable to Direct Line. Obtain the direct dial phone number for the person/team you are dealing with,so you can chase up if necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ok thanks will phone them now and on all docs i have seen and got does not mention aic but direct line but the phone number and address on all docs is aic and it definitely said served by direct line even the petition sayswe at direct line then aic address petition the court that a bankruptcy order be made it also says direct line v me going to make phone call to direct line now will let you know how i get on thanks x

Buffy x

also the last payment i paid was feb 2002 so thats 8yrs ago when does the 7or 10 yrs they have to keep records from start from x

Buffy x

I wouldn't worry about it. Thinking about it, in this case they have to hold the documents for ever, due to the type of product involved. I was thinking about internal accounts, but this relates to a loan, so the documents for that have to be kept for ever.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ok thanks just got off phone to the same lady at direct line i spoke to yesterday she got someone else to look on their system for me and they have nothing she has asked me to fax her a copy of the bankruptcy petition to see if she can look into ot further...

and i also phoned largo law and asked who they are acting on behalf of did not say anymore to them and was told they are acting on behalf of direct line i said thank you he then said he has spoke to direct line and is waiting for further instuctions and would be incontact with me i just said ok thanks and put the phone down buffy x

Buffy x

sorry another question if the debt had been sold should i not of been informed and would aic need to show me something to say they had bought the debt from direct line

Buffy x

I don't think they will have time to to and fro from old files, but mention the fact that you have been served with a petition/stat demand in their name and that you want to check to see if they have any records from the reference number you have given them....

yes that is what i told her, and the ref number on petition is to short for a direct line ref number she siad it was not there ref number

Edited by buffyoo7
me being stupid

Buffy x