Cabot! help needed please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The default on your credit file, will remain for 6 years and the name will change depending on who owns the debt and is chasing it.

Shame you haven't still got the default notice they sent..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Is it worth sending a SAR to the original creditor to see what information they have on the account?

Should the SAR include any information regarding them selling the debt to Cabot or is that info between EGG and Cabot only?

Yes it would, if the SAR goes to the OC, then that should contain ALL of your file, the DN, the NOA etc..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am reading all of this with great interest......I have a court hearing on Weds and my solicitors have JUST dumped me (don't ask!!)......I am feeling much more emboldened having read this thread....

One tiny thing, Housed, would you mind if I posted your loan 'agreement' on my thread? It's identical to mine but I CANNOT seem to be able to get mine on to my thread, no matter what I do.

Good luck!! I'll follow your thread with interest!

Martel X

That's a very good question....and one I haven't dared contemplate!

Without knowing my legal rights entirely, I would appeal if I can.

Watch this space!!

Hope you can avoid my situation!!!

MX

Nasty question but what happens if you lose a court case, do you have to pay the money back in one go or is a payment plan set up by the court?

If you lost a court case, then the DJ would be able to add costs to the outstanding balance, and would specify a time in which this had to be paid, however, this is why you should show the DJ your I&E, so he could make an informed decision to the repayments.

That said, assuming that the DCA/OC were granted a CCJ, and you failed to put in a defence, and the Judgement was granted by default, you can have the Judgement varied to better suit your needs.

Strange! i was sent another welcome letter this morning by Cabot, the same letter they sent me in 2008 with all the usual we have recently bought the account you held with egg blah blah blah.

so did they buy it in 2008 or last week :)