A Doubt Has Arisen On My JSA Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've just received a letter from the Jobcentre telling me that a doubt has arisen on my claim for JSA "as it appears that you may have refused an offer of employment/training opportunity." It goes on to state what the offer was. Now having looked at the date, I can honestly say I never received any notification of the job being available and secondly if I had, I couldn't apply because the job requires formal IT qualifications which I don't have, so surely this would put me at a disadvantage?

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

I've just received a letter from the Jobcentre telling me that a doubt has arisen on my claim for JSA "as it appears that you may have refused an offer of employment/training opportunity." It goes on to state what the offer was. Now having looked at the date, I can honestly say I never received any notification of the job being available and secondly if I had, I couldn't apply because the job requires formal IT qualifications which I don't have, so surely this would put me at a disadvantage?

Perhaps because of the employment training opportunity which means even you don't have qualifications for IT the company would train you so the Jobcentre expect you to take the job on.

Perhaps because of the employment training opportunity which means even you don't have qualifications for IT the company would train you so the Jobcentre expect you to take the job on.

The job didn't involve training, it clearly stated that you MUST have a formal qualification in IT, something which I lack.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may be they gave you a job print out which you didnt appear to apply for.

All you need to do is write to them, advise why you didnt apply for it (ie not qualified etc). It will then go to a decision maker who will see the facts etc and will be fine.

Just send it by recorded delivery or deliver to JC by hand

The job didn't involve training, it clearly stated that you MUST have a formal qualification in IT, something which I lack.

I read it wrong or the Jobcentre's letter as usual not clear. Perhaps you need to make yourself clear with the Jobcentre what qualifications you have or not there are lots of IT courses which is free whilst you are receiving JSA.

Saw my advisor, he told me to put down why I didn't apply for the job and to mention that I have never actively refused a job opportunity, so now it's a case of waiting on the DM's decision.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was told to apply for a job that required a driving licence, even though I can't drive. They were being deadly serious when they said I could have my money stopped if I didn't apply for it! When I said I can't drive, they just said I still had to apply! I did apply, got a telephone interview and told them straight away I had no licence and they weren't too happy about the timewasting and asked for the name of the advisor, so I gladly gave it to them!