• Tweets

• I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
    • Developing computer games can be wildly expensive so some hope that AI can cut the cost.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Harsh Letter received from Kensington *Claim struck out in court*

jamorgan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Morgy,

Yes the directions and defence to stike out & counter claim need to go off today.

Have you added the defence to counter claim it will be slightly different to the previous one.

Basically they are entitled to counter claim for actual costs reasonably (subject to the duty to mitigate) and you must state that you put them to strict proof of these. Ie they would have to itemise each cost and prove each one.

Also as this is fast track they are only entitled to their legal costs if they win.

Best of luck

Zoot

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Zoot,

Do you mean you adjusted the defence above and that is the one to send today, also

would you be able to help me word a little extra text (the part in red above) as to why we ended the mortgage term earlier

sorry to be such a pain all the time i just don't want to mess up in any way

Morgy x x

Sorry Hun,

Will Take All Doc's Down Tommorrow To The Courts But Before I do Just need Another recap

When entering total Costs In Para 9 Of Defence, Can I Add Brokers Fees As Well. This is a break down of the costs:

Arr Fee 395.00

Application Fee £295.00

Brokers Fee £1170.00 (670.00 Paid Up Front Balance To Be Added to Advance £800.00)

Total costs £1865.00

£395.00 Would Be Refunded On Completion

So

Purchase Price £132,000.00

Brokers Fees (balance to be added to loan) £ 800.00

Deposit Paid £14,000.00

Total of loan amount should have been £118,800.00

But

Toatal Of Advance Was £119,195.00

So They Have Added The Arr Fee On To The Loan, But this was Ok because on completion this amount would be refunded.

Could You have a look at the Email I shall send you, they have added the arr fee again and only refunded it once.

Shouldn't have paid it at All

X

I was only putting in the total amount above (for the defence) as to how much it cost to get the mortgage, so shall I take that amount out.

With regards to the app fee of £395.00 no I didn't pay up front for this, they have added it to to the advance but also added it again on the quartly statement and only refunded it once.

Do you see what I mean. My mortgage should have only been for the following

+800.00

toatal 118,800.00 not 119195.00

Could you also have a look at the defece above that you posted i have added some text to para 21 (after the claimant.............)

not sure wether it's ok

thanks Zoot

x

Jamorgan, is it over???

Kensington Mortgages: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

Smile bank: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

GE Capital: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

Kensington Mortgages: first letter re £13k ERC sent 3/10

MBNA: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

Morgan Stanley: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

Those B*stards have got my money & I want it back!!! Now!!!

No, but I wish it was.

Iv'e never been so stressed out in all my life, been on the sick all week with flu,printer packed up on me in the week and to top it all off all my Doc's had to go off today and i am missing my redemption statement,

bloody marvolous isn't it.

Anyway

Witness statement and supporting doc's relating to past cases sent today to there solicitor and sent special delivery and after my coffee I shall be driving down to court to hand there's in the post box.

x

I found the bit on the forum about the questions asked in the house of commons regarding Kensington and I sent it along with the supporting doc's yesterday.

was this ok ?

and I did not end up sending statements as printer and coppier messed up is this ok too, can I either take them with me next week or send them in if and when there's a court hearing ?

Thanks again Zoot I have been a pain in the arse havn't I x x

Just need to put my mind at rest

x

Rang court at 12.30 today to ask if I could send extra documents in and they were fine with that, no problem there, they were very understanding (probally because it's Friday)

Also rang the solicitor (drydens) spoke to the guy who will be at the hearing next week, to ask his permission to send copies of the extra doc's and he was ok with this too, he did ask me to fax them, I told him that was not possible as I had no access to a fax macine (I'll buy one when I get my money back)

So extra doc's have been sent now.

Can't believe I messed up, you think your all organised and sorted and then you mess up like that. I think it's all gona go tits up for me.

O forgot to mention solicitor did ask me if I'd recieved a call form the court's advising the hearing has been brought forward to Wednesday 17th Jan (he was informed this morning)

x

Good news on the statements!

I'm sure you'll be fine in court. Don't forget this is not the full hearing. The judge is only going to be interested in whehther you have an arguable case... which clearly you have.

The courts are well aware of Kensington's practices and don't like them at all. Take some time to read over your arguments so that you can go in with confidence. Don't let them intimidate you. Remember all the stress and worry they have put you through and now its your turn to get back at them. You are the one suing them which means you are the one in control. Do get confirmation from the court on that date.

You're doing really well to get this far. Be strong!

All the best

Zoot

I thought I would post points 22-28 just incase there is anything that could be of relevence.

d. Without an ERC commercial consiquences for borrowers would be higher than the initial fees allternativley higher rates of interest both of which do not opperate in the interests of the consumer.

Jamorgan

If anyone else has picked up on this do please ignore me (also I have no legal background - just comparing things i have read on the site in different places) but (maybe Zoot could comment?)....

The above seems to me suggest that (by implication) the fee indemnify Kensington against risk in offering us a reduced interest rate in order to attract custom -

Therefore is also contrary to s.4 Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977. This is probably unreasonable under s.11 UCT as Kensington is in a far better placed position than consumers to bear the risk

If i am talking bol***x Sorryto waste your time (gl it the hearing)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/53089-fnc-ge-money-erc.html

21/12/2006 SAR

Next Step 31/1/2007 - Prelim / S.A.R Enforcement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/55694-fnc-c-g-erc.html

21/12/2006 SAR

13/1/2007 - Prelim

Next Step 27/1/2007 LBA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/55692-fnc-lloyds-tsb.html

21/12/2006 SAR

Next Step 31/1/2007 -Prelim / SAR enforcement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/55784-fnc-better-half-nationwide.html

20/12/2006 Prelim with Schedule and SI £640

5/1/2007 LBA with revised schedule CCR £867

Next Step 20/1/2007 CLAIM

PC World - Refund Faulty goods Preliminary Letter 13/01/2007 - Consumer rights are getting addictive

Don't get angry get even:D

22.If the court accepts the claimant's argument it is submitted that th ERC clause was a liquidated damages clause.Again,I believe this will be a matter for legal submissions.However,at this stage I can expalin that the clause does equate to a pre-estimate of loss.For example:

a.By redeeming early the defendant lost a significant amount of revenue which they would have recieved had the claimant continued to pay throughout the mortgage term:

b. If the claimant had continued to pay throughout the mortgage term the defendant would have recovered some of the costs spent in obtaining the funds for the mortgage advance,making the advance and servicing the nortgage over its expected lifespan.It should be recognised thet the defendant borrow's money on the money market inorder to be able to provide the mortgage products and commits its self to borrowing funds over the same fixed period at slightly lower rates than those offered to borrowers so as to make a small profits.Therefore if a borrower redeems her mortgage before the end of the fixed term, for example to take advantage of lower rates elsewere,the defendant is still commited to it's own borrowing at the origanal rate but it cannot re-lead the money at the interst rate orriganally offered to the borrower.Therefore, the defendant will suffer a loss over the remaining term of the fixed rate period and the ERC is designed to compensate the defendant for this;

x

I would put them to strict proof and ask them if indeed they borrowed monies to finance your mortgage, I would suggest that they already had excess funds to be able to discount a deal rather than not making any profit on surplus funds. I think £1 spent on obtaining their accounts from the companies house website, would be money well spent to see if they did have surplus funds. You can then go on to argue there was no monies borrowed from the money and as such they have not incurred any loss.

I shall thanks for that.

The Mortgage we have know is sllightly higher (6.44%) than that of the discounted rate from Kensington of 6.25% that lasted all of 2 months,BUT the mortgage we have now is a fixed rate (no increases,no nasty surprises thats all we wanted was a fair deal) we can come out of this product in August (with no ERC to pay) and hopefully look for a better deal, but our credit rating has taken a hammering again and I think we will be in the same boat as we were when we first started.

If any body has any advice would gladly appriciate it.

thanks again for the comments and support,keep them comming.

x

Reading your thread with great interest, I am at the lba stage which went off last week with regard to charges, and am about 10 days away from issuing Money Claim for ERC. (I chose to take out two seperate actions with charges and ERC). Since I started the claim they have written twice asking for a further seven days each time (I have ignored both these letters and stuck to my own time frames). Having read your thread i just wonder if they are trying to make me wait till after your court date

Good luck Morgy, I am sure you will not need it.

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

Yes it's off to court tommorrow 12.30pm.

i rang the court today and spoke to a lovley guy in civil section and asked him should I come a little earlier and where to report to when I get there . He asked me was I comming with a solicitor and I told him no, he told me not to worry too much as the District Judge we would be meeting with is a very very nice guy.

felt a little eased.

Very ,very nervous, afraid I shall mess things up. Lots of things going on in my head at the mo.

Wish you were all going to be there to support me but I know you will be thinking of me.

Never been to court before.

Bloody hell its only a one hour meeting for god help me if it gets to a full hearing.

Well wish me luck i'm gonna need it

shall speak tommorrow.

xx

Very very best of luck Morgy!!!!!!!

We'll all be there in spirit rooting you on. Just remain calm. You've got an arguable case so there is no need for them to strike out your claim and you've got a strong defence to their counter claim also.

Go and show them you mean business!

All the best

Zoot