help or advice please re Nationwide Mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been advised by Dolly to ask the question on this forum. Briefly, I want to claim back around £2500 from Nationwide re flex account charges. They have been taking the charges from the flex in favour of taking the direct debit for my Nationwide mortgage. I'm now £1700 in arrears, monthly payment due is around £600. Qeustion is -

is it ok the continue with the action re bank charges as the mortgage is in arrears? I'm worried they will forclose on my mortgage if I claim for flex charges.

Will they treat the mortgage seperately from the flexaccount? I know they will ask me to close my flexaccount. Advice appreciated. Thank you.

I've been advised by Dolly to ask the question on this forum. Briefly, I want to claim back around £2500 from Nationwide re flex account charges. They have been taking the charges from the flex in favour of taking the direct debit for my Nationwide mortgage. I'm now £1700 in arrears, monthly payment due is around £600. Qeustion is -

is it ok the continue with the action re bank charges as the mortgage is in arrears? I'm worried they will forclose on my mortgage if I claim for flex charges.

Will they treat the mortgage seperately from the flexaccount? I know they will ask me to close my flexaccount. Advice appreciated. Thank you.

I don't think they can close mortgage account as you are claiming on flex account. However they could try repossesion, but you would be in a position to pay off the arrears with what you are reclaiming. How far in arrears are you and will you making this months payment?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Arrears stand at £1700, which is just short of 3 months. I will be making this months payment as I have opened A lloyds current account so that Nationwide cant steal anymore of my money. Therefore I can pay this months payment rather than half of the value of the mortgage payment going in bank charges.

I spoke to Nationwide on Friday 1.9.06 and explained the mortgage is arrears due to the flex account charges being applied in horrendous quantity, sometimes £300-£400 per month. They want £1700 paid back in 3 months. They will be ringing me back on 14.9.06 to hear what I propose to do to clear the arrears. I cant pay the arrears as I have used a substantial amount of my savings over the last 4-5 weeks to pay bills as the flex situation was in free fall. I have cancelled all my direct debits from the flex account.

I have still not sent my letter to reclaim the bank charges.

What should I suggest to Nationwide on 14.9.06?

What should I do about sending letter for bank charge refund?

Arrears stand at £1700, which is just short of 3 months. I will be making this months payment as I have opened A lloyds current account so that Nationwide cant steal anymore of my money. Therefore I can pay this months payment rather than half of the value of the mortgage payment going in bank charges.

I spoke to Nationwide on Friday 1.9.06 and explained the mortgage is arrears due to the flex account charges being applied in horrendous quantity, sometimes £300-£400 per month. They want £1700 paid back in 3 months. They will be ringing me back on 14.9.06 to hear what I propose to do to clear the arrears. I cant pay the arrears as I have used a substantial amount of my savings over the last 4-5 weeks to pay bills as the flex situation was in free fall. I have cancelled all my direct debits from the flex account.

I have still not sent my letter to reclaim the bank charges.

What should I suggest to Nationwide on 14.9.06?

What should I do about sending letter for bank charge refund?

Saving your house has to be the priority here and you are now 3 months in arrears. Reclaiming charges takes a while, although you will be back on your feet when you win your claim. If you have a repayment mortgage you could ask the NW if you could make interest only payments for the next 6 onths and then use the rest of your normal payment to pay the arrears. You could tell them that a family member or yourself is expecting a windfall in the next 3-6 months and you then expect to be in a position to repay the debt entirely and bring your mortgage account up to date.

The only reason I say use the windfall line is because you want the agreeemnt of the arrears in writing from them, before you start claiming, given that you are at a point where repossesion could be likely. (If it was just an overdraft I would tell them where to stick their questions until they pay what they owe you, but mortgage arrears has possible serious repurcussions)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.