Littlewoods - 37 Defaults HELP!!!!

Ogy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this forum but have been on many times but not registered, I have noticed some very good advice and help.

unfortunatly its my turn as I need help now,

It all started when i fell behind with my catologue, the charges snowballed so I decided to asked to see my CCA (some good advice from here). littlewoods ignord me so i stopped making payments and told them to send my CCA or i would not be making any more payments.

After a few letters back an forth they have just sent me a letter saying that they will not be pursueing for the oustanding balance as they can not find or have my CCA.

I was pleased with this for all of 2 days, when i arrived home 2 days later i could not open my door for post, it was littlewoods the have sent me 37 default notices???

My question is, I know i will get 1 default on my CR but can they do 37 ? they have pursued me for 1 account for months and all of a sudden they are trying to say it is 37 accounts now?

I dont understand, please help any advice will be greatly appreciated

PC says no.

hehe someone got annoyed you found your rights out then.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I really can't understand their logic, every time you order something they look on it as a separate agreement rather than a running a/c... ergo they send out a default for each one.

At the end of the day it is one a/c., so can only default you once on your credit file.

cerberusalert, Thats what I thought, what could i do about it? Dont get me wrong I know it wil show up as outstanding and get a default but 37 defaults is a bit unfair!

Does any one know or can advise what I need to do?

Thanks

Ogy

cant be....

you can only have one default notice

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

What do you think I should do?

they all say "Default notices under sec 87 (1) of the consumer act 1974" with the balance of the single order and arreas, The ref is the one for the account then / then the order number?

Please help

Ogy.

i have heard of this once before

someone got 22 but they were all the same dates etc.

are yours?

dx

and they

Ogy, sounds like a case of Littlewoods throwing all their toys out of the pram as they know they can't get what they want (i.e. any of their money back because of lack of a CCA). Maybe one of their staff had a "bad hair day" or was just in a bad mood. Was it a large amount (you don't need to tell us how much) and presumably you did order 3 items.

If cerberusalert has said they can only register one default, that must be the case. I would advise you to check your Experian and Equifax credit reports in about a month's time.

PCB - Yes it was, I think that this is just spite from them as they have failed with the CCA, I have allways though that you can only get 1 default on each account, but just wanted to be sure - I will check my CF in a month or so

cerberusalert + DX - i will check them when i get home and post on here

thanx for your help.

Guest Cartaphilus

Don't know about 37 but NDR (Littlewoods, of course) sent me 2 default notices once. Both were kept, but they seemed to be duff ones anyway ie not worded correctly.