CCA requests...advice/stories please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I just wondered if anyone had any stories of sucesses with CCA requests. I have CCA'd a couple of the companies myself and my husband are in debt to namely Virgin/MBNA (credit card taken out in approx 04/05) Barclaycard (credit card taken out in 05) and Capital One (credit card taken out in approx 03/04).

I have also seen after reading on here that credit agreements taken out before mid 07 with Next Directory are also unenforceable which we have. :confused:

A couple of things really:

1) When I am waiting for them to respond to CCA do we maintain our payment arrangements?

2) We also have debts with Yorkshire Bank (vultures) due to overdraft and charges, would I be able to CCA request them?

I also have a Barclaycard and Vanquis that were taken out late 08 so is this too late to CCA request them as I understand that it's agreements taken out before a particular time?

Would be grateful for any advice, thanks all. :)

2) We also have debts with Yorkshire Banklink3.gif (vultures) due to overdraftlink3.gif and charges, would I be able to CCA request them?

Overdrafts are different. For this account you need to do a DSAR. Get copies of all staements from when the account was opened. But also request a copy of your Current account application, along with the T&C's, and also all documents relating to your overdraft.

Once you have these, you will be able to see if the account has been managed as per these agreed T&C's.

You can calculate exactly how much you have paid in charges & fees. You can still challenge these under the new 2006 CCA amendments, Unfair relationships.

Debs