Advice Needed Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry Andy,

all I have is a letter of asignment from the new owner and not the previous owner..and I asked for the deed so as to prove ownership of the debt...as the letter does not prove anything.

Johnny

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough Johnny if the DJ allowed the request good for you but a lot of Caggers do get them mixed up

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

cheers Andy..I didnt want to come accross as if I were trying to tell you your job..after all i'm asking you for the advice feel free to correct me anytime..

I really appreciate your help!

Johnny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy, hope you are well..

The docs that the Claimant has served are all faulty, the court has asked if I am happy with what the claimant has sent..

I said no..because of the dates on the docs they cant relate to the claim..

should I request the same docs again? or accept them and use them as defence?

i have to put it in writing to the court what I am unhappy with..not under order tho..

can I ask for proof of service of the DN and LOA?

Cheers.....Johnny

The docs that the Claimant has served are all faulty,:D the court has asked if I am happy with what the claimant has sent..

I said no..because of the dates on the docs they cant relate to the claim..

should I request the same docs again? or accept them and use them as defence? If thats what they have no point as only duplicates will be furnished

i have to put it in writing to the court what I am unhappy with..not under order tho..

can I ask for proof of service of the DN and LOA? NoA Absolutely

Cheers.....Johnny

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 4 weeks later...

quick update.. sent in defence and i'm waiting of the outcome..meanwhile the dca has sent a statement of acc stating that the full amount due is arrears..

do you think this is a plot to try to misslead the court into thinking the amount claimed is arrears?

would they have to prove that the amount is correct?

Johnny

Hi Johnny

Well whatever they claim, the statements, the DN, the Summons and any termination must read the same.What ever they wish to call it arrears or balance or outstanding debt is neither here nor there.

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Would depend on the Claimant raising it in their case.

The Carey case has clarified that the court has the power to declare whether there has or hasnt been a breach of section 78 and all cases will be considered on its own facts. It has clarified that a mere breach of section 78 will not of itself create an unfair relationship but that is not to say that such a breach is never going to be capable of creating an unfair relationship.

The emphasis in the Carey case on section 78 appears to have obscured the real claim that exists under section 61(1)(a) and 127(3) of the Act. These sections dictate that a creditor must be able to produce a signed document (not necessarily the credit agreement) that contains the prescribed terms. The document must include the credit limit, the interest rate and details of how and when a debtor is to make payment. A failure to produce such a document is still capable of rendering the agreement unenforceable.IMHO

Regards

Andy

thanks for the reply Andy..

I'm being attacked by all sides at the min..bit depressing really..

if a creditor splits a debt with no mention of arrears.. and gets a ccj for a small part..can they legaly then issue another claim for the rest? and if not.. is it up to me to point that out before they start a new claim.. bit like accepting unlawful rescission..

cheers...Johnny

Cant split a debt and if they have and gained a CCJ then a set a side would be the order of the day because it has obviously gone undefended and gained by default through Northampton.

Andy

Hi Andy,

they actually got the ccj by acceptance..I thought it was for arrears..but there is no mention of arrears in the poc.. plus it was far less than the balance.. I asked them why they did this and they said it was because it was cheaper.. who for them or me? lol

can I still get this set aside? as after finding this place i realise that I should have defended in full as I have a termination notice and default notice that were served on the same day..

thanks...Johnny

Hi Andy,

they actually got the ccj by acceptance. By you, you accepted it?.I thought it was for arrears..but there is no mention of arrears in the poc.. plus it was far less than the balance.. I asked them why they did this and they said it was because it was cheaper.. who for them or me? lol Them lower the balance lower the Court Costs

can I still get this set aside? Bit Tricky now you have accepted it and how long ago are we talking? as after finding this place i realise that I should have defended in full as I have a termination notice and default notice that were served on the same day.. If only hindsight hey??

thanks...Johnny

Andy

Shouldnt, but they never fail to suprise me :-obut this time you will be prepared8-)

I thought it was illegal to split the debt.. I read it on here somewhere..

so can I defend the rest using unlawful rescission now that I have the DN and TN that were sent on the same date...as I should have done with the first part?

Johnny

You read it here my post 86.Have they commenced litigation on the second part? Is this the part of this thread/debt Johnny? If so has i have asked how old is the CCJ?

I was under the impression you was just asking the question.

this is another debt.. no news on the one on this thread..

yes I read your post but also read it elswhere..l.. found it..

Division of causes of action.

It shall not be lawful for any plaintiff to divide any cause of action for the purpose of bringing two or more actions in one or more of the county courts

does this apply to that debt?

Johnny

this is another debt.. no news on the one on this thread..

yes I read your post but also read it elswhere..l.. found it..

Division of causes of action.

It shall not be lawful for any plaintiff to divide any cause of action for the purpose of bringing two or more actions in one or more of the county courts

does this apply to that debt?

Johnny

Thats the one!!

• 2 months later...

Hi Andy, Hope you are well..

got a date for a hearing coming up re original cc debt..

I submitted my amended defence.. but have not had a reply from the claimant.. i got a copy of their AQ and thats all..

are they supposed to respond to the defence?

the hearing is set for the middle of dec.. i'm trying to do a witness statement now.. but not exactly sure what to put in it at the moment.. i have since found docs in support of money in dispute with the OC that show I have a reasonable counter claim for unfair charges and ppi.. is it too late to make a counter claim?

for my witness statement.. I have..

No compliant NOA

No compliant DN

illegible CCA without terms

default registered by OC without sending DN and a letter saying they would register a default and sell the debt.. no mention of DN in any of their comms

unsure what to do about costs..

bit stuck on how to word it all at the moment.. any help would be greatly appreciated

Johnny

Hi Andy, Hope you are well..

got a date for a hearing coming up re original cc debt..

I submitted my amended defence.. but have not had a reply from the claimant.. i got a copy of their AQ and thats all..

are they supposed to respond to the defence? They will later in their WS

the hearing is set for the middle of dec.. i'm trying to do a witness statement now.. but not exactly sure what to put in it at the moment.. i have since found docs in support of money in dispute with the OC that show I have a reasonable counter claim for unfair charges and ppi.. is it too late to make a counter claim? No this can be done vis a N244

for my witness statement.. I have..

No compliant NOA

No compliant DN

illegible CCA without terms

default registered by OC without sending DN and a letter saying they would register a default and sell the debt.. no mention of DN in any of their comms

unsure what to do about costs..

bit stuck on how to word it all at the moment.. any help would be greatly appreciated

Johnny

Search out Dizzie Diva/ MBNA I have prepared one for her which was successful this with give you an idea content layout.

Regards

Andy

thanks for the reply Andy..

when do I submt the N244? When you have prepared you claim

is it with the WS ? and also do I have to specify an amount? well yes

also can I claim compensation for registering a default without sending a default notice? no dont go there they would simply state they did send one

thanks..Johnny

Andy

thanks Andy..

would a letter of intent to register a default and sell the account to a third party qualify as a termination of an agreement?

the letter says.. unless you pay £xxxx amount before xx/xx/xx we will register a default on your credit file and sell your account to a third party..this means that you will no longer be a customer of xx and responsibility for recovery of the outstanding balance will be solely that of the purchaser.

Johnny