Little old me V HSBC - Claim form now received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am opening my own little thread for you wonderful people to help me!!! Have had an invalid dn then a final payment letter etc and have accepted their termination of the account... Sort of quiet from them apart from phone calls which i now ignore or send to answer phone, no messages lol will put up more later so you can give me advice on what to do next? Thanks in advance....

Edited by bilious

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done!

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce's success's so far:

Capital One - 15% f & f saving £4,250

Barclaycard - 25% f & f saving £12,000

Blackhorse - reduced loan settlement saving £1,605

Cahoot - 15% f & f saving £2,740

MBNA - 20% f & f saving £26,800

Lloyds TSB 28% f & f saving £7,377

Total written off to date: £54,772!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks babybear, i know you've been helping on the other thread so you sort of know whats gone on? no word on me accepting their termination ( final demand.) except a polite phone call to put me on payment plan ( not yet...) they still seem to be charging me interest and charges etc? if it gooes pear shape will i have to pay the lot? cos if it takes a year etc there's going to be an awful lot on top etc?

You have to keep an accurate paper trail. Get a box file and creat a comprehensive index of your paperwork. Transcribe or record any telephone conversations. Keep all envelopes that correspondence arrives in. When you send them a letter print a copy off for your file for ease of reference. If they start harassing you more involve TS and the OFT :)

Good luck, best wishes and *hugs*

Thanks for that!!! At the end of the day, as i've said worst case scenario i have to pay it back through the courts etc, but at least i pay what i can afford not what they seem to think i can afford.. Only thing i'm worried about is if they upset my wife as her mental health isn't too good, anything else they can attack me as much as they like.... I did look at the cccs to enter into a dmp which i don't mind doing but they insisted on doing a joint dmp ( but that will affect my wife's credit rating won't it?) i certainly don't want her to suffer from my problem?

Edited by bilious

Ahh! okay was thinking what's British Rail got to do with it.. I did think of that route but then the house will be nabbed by the banks etc there's no way i'd be able to declare myself BR and they will want to know why my wife isn't, does that make sense? Have even thought of the IVA route, but that looks like it wouldn't work so may have to try the Debt Management plan, but then again it doesn't mean they'll stop interest and charges till they go to court which they'll try not to do?

Hi babybear! All the debts are in my name apart from the mortgage, have just got rid of the overdraft and am in the process of closing the account (joint.) have 4 credit cards and a loan that finishes in 5 months do you want the card details and amounts? she is putting her money into her account elsewhere and mines going into an account i've set up

hsbc cc 9k

mbna cc 11k

paypal cc 1.5k

barclaycard cc 4k

hsbc loan 1k

hope that helps as i've said she has none of these in her name just mine...

Edited by bilious

Well yes am only behind with hsbc cc and the mbna card (mbna have me on a hardship plan etc...) stopped interest etc, but worlds bank being rather unco-operative everything else is up to date..

No i haven't as yet babybear, will be tomorrow when i send that off can i put both accounts on the letter or do i do one separately? The cc is about 5 yrs old same as the loan so they'll probably have both on file knowing my luck!!! Just at the point now where i don't know which way to go? Have sent the account in dispute to helen packwood letter as brooooce suggested on the back of the invalid dn and final payment letter! Part of me just thinks pay up, with the dmp but it will take 10 yrs at that rate though!!!

Have no idea? when i did the forms at the bank the lady just said oh you'll need this in case etc etc, and dopey here just said yes... my own fault really cos i was paying an absolute fortune back every month...

Lol was definitely led that way, but then how would i prove that puppy... Just at the point now where i really don't know what to do part of me says fight and wipe the smile off their face but the other says just bite it, pay up over the 10 yrs....