• Tweets

• utter BS, doesn't matter you signed it. pers i'd be writing as per the other threads here rejecting the car as not as described under CRA etc and be done with it. as its a debit card you could also do a full chargeback within 120 days to your bank and simply dump the car back to BMW. 100's of like threads to read here. get your ducks inline. make sure you know what you are doing and off you go. dont take any BS from BMW, no matter what you sign it does NOT remove your consumer rights. p'haps it might be on the off chance you are a good manager , a quick phonecall tomorrow saying you dont want it because (no bla bla fitted) it might be resolved in 5 mins..i will guess to date you not tried
    • No need to worry about Rwanda Just give all the illegals one way trip to Northern Ireland then they can wander off into the EU through your beloved open border.     Job Done 😂🤣  
    • despite the evidence mounting against Chrichton, Vennells wrote in a meeting note that Crichton 'was possibly more loyal to her professional conduct requirements' "Vennells said Crichton was upset that the Post Office had ruined her reputation and compromised her by undertaking a further review of the Second Sight handling. Crichton was said to be ‘very emotional’ and her ‘ego and self-esteem have been undermined’."   That it seems all about their own interests - says a lot about both Chrichton and Vennels views on 'professional conduct requirements' eh?   Former Post Office chief executive Paula Vennells complained that general counsel put her integrity 'above interests of business' | Law Gazette WWW.LAWGAZETTE.CO.UK Susan Crichton was left waiting outside board meeting to discuss damaging forensic accountant's report, inquiry hears.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS credit card claim won now new claim after sale by OC

hammyhound
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they claimed the full balance. They started proceedings early last year, only just now got to the CMC stage. Defence filed, AQs filed and then out of the blue a consent order withdrawing the claim. I have the court order showing this also.

Why I think that they are instituting a new claim is I have been sent two default notices - invalid anyway 1 day out but I was shocked that the balance had risen by an extra £4000!!! and one was for the overdraft which btw was refinanced by the loan (and has been said so in their reply to defence) so that is I assume are charges.

I suppose I am jumping the gun but believe me the amount was a lot of money and I don't suppose they will just disappear.

HH

Well today got exactly the same termination letter as I did last time withdrawing all banking facilities so I would class that as termination. Wont bother doing anything until they rear their ugly heads.

HH

• 3 months later...

Well low and behold a new firm of solicitors have taken over. Does any advice have advice as to what to write to them. They have issued the LBA.

I thought it wouldn't take too long for some other **** to creep up from the floorboards.

Just a recap in the previous case, defence filed, allocation questionnaires filed 5 days before CMC withdrawn by consent. 1 month later a new default notice totally invalid as they forgot the May bank holiday in their postage times.

I have been told that if a claim is discontinued or withdrawn by consent there is nothing stopping a claimant starting new proceedings.

Any help much appreciated. They have only given me 7 days to reply. Dont really want to go to the trouble of having to file a defence again!

HH

• 3 weeks later...

Despite having previous proceedings withdrawn by consent the bank have instructed another firm of solicitors to issue court proceedings against me.:mad2:

Since the last court proceedings £4000 have been added which will include the court fee, charges, solicitor's fee etc.

Since the consent order I have received two default notices, one for the overdraft and one for the loan both invalid as it did not give enough days for service - despite the fact that the account was terminated previously.

They have lumped both amounts together.

Would I have a defence for this.

Their strongly worded letter said we will obtain a money judgment:lol:

I have given the solicitors a copy of the consent order but sounds like the bank are not happy.

HH

Thanks for replying.

It is still with the original claimant, just a different firm of solicitors

Defence filed, reply to defence filed, allocations questionnaires filed, hearing date given, consent order arrived 2 days before CMC hearing. Does that make any difference.

HH

What did the consent order say? Did it refer to there being no order as to costs, ie each side to bear their own? If so they cannot add any of those costs to the alleged debt.

I know that if they discontinued it would be hard for them to have a second bite. I'm not so sure about any follow up to consent orders, especially without knowing what it said. Can any Caggers help?

Also, can you post the original consent order?

Thanks Donkey for replying.

They have certainly added more charges since the last proceedings some £3000 extra have been added since then.

Scanner not working but consent order says:-

Upon the claimant agreeing to withdraw claim number >>> and by consent it is ordered that there be no order as to costs.

That's it.

I know if they discontinued it would have been harder but maybe I should have let it run through to trial I don't know now. By asking another firm of solicitors to issue sounds really strange, why didn't they use the original solicitors.

Right, just so everyone understands, claim form issued, defence filed, reply to defence filed, allocation questionnaires filed, two days before CMC consent order arrives. All goes quiet for 2 months, new default notices served - invalid did not allow for postage (account already terminated 6 months before - got the letter to prove it) 2 months later new LBA with nearly £3000 extra on top. This was originally for a loan to pay off an overdraft and existing loan. They did not pay all the overdraft off and left £1.00 debit balance - wait for it the charges to date on that are £900. By my reckoning there shouldn't be any charges as the loan was taken out to cover the overdraft. Received new default notices, one for the overdraft and one for the loan, the overdraft DN is all charges.

Hope you can understand

Thanks for your help.

HH

Hi Hammy,

hopefully someone will clarify, but it was my understanding that they cannot reissue a new claim for the same account/debt. They have to appy to the courts to reinstate the original claim, & in doing so give an explanation why the previous claim was withdrawn & why this claim will be successful. The judge will then decide whether to allow the case to begin where it ended.

Perhaps the courts maybe able to confirm the correct procedures which the bank & its new solicitor have to follow.

Perhaps the reason they have passed it to a new solicitor, is because the previous would have known the background to the case & new that the claim would not be successful. :-)

good luck

DEbs

Well then

part 36 discontinuence

game over

Yes, post, over my head

POC

By agreement(s) entered into between the claimant and defendant, the defendant has failed to pay the sum of £ . The claimant has requested payment but the defendant has failed to pay the full sum demanded. The claimant claims the sum of £ and interest under s.69 of the county court 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from until judgment or sooner payment. Costs. The claim does not include issues under the Human Rights Act 1998. The claimant has complied with Section III and IV of the Practice Direction - Pre-Action Conduct of the Civil Procedure Rules

invaluable help much appreciated.

HH

Have they provided any breakdown of how the amount is made up? Doubt it.

Time for CPR31 for the agreement, and CPR18 for anything else.

Have they actually complied with the practice directions? Have you any idea how this sum is made up? Thought not...

Letter before court proceedings - introducing themselves and saying pay up or else - no breakdown only amount due.

Final warning letter 7 days later no breakdown just amount due and saying 7 days or we will issue proceedings

And they did.

Did send a copy of the original consent order to them when they sent the first letter saying I will defend to hilt and this time will make a costs order against them.

Everyone says they cant re-issue, Post says Part 36 but is if they have discontinued, does a consent order count as a discontinuance. I think I would have a good case in that these proceedings are of a much higher value and I know consists of charges and previous proceedings costs.

HH

A claimant who discontinues a claim needs the permission of the court to make another claim against the same defendant if –

(a) he discontinued the claim after the defendant filed a defence; and

(b) the other claim arises out of facts which are the same or substantially the same as those relating to the discontinued claim.

sorry my mistake

its part 38

not 36

if a claimant discontinues with or without consent is irrelevent

i would send the solicitors a letter stating part 38 discontinuence and see what they come back with

have you acknowledged the claim or when is the latest to file

me thinks the new sols dont know about the previouse claim

You would have thought they would ask their client about the consent order before issuing.

Will acknowledge by filing AoS on line just to get the ball rolling. Will send a letter to the solicitors quoting Part 38 discontinuance but will keep an eye on timing to file my defence.

They probably think the consent order relates to another claim, I know it is not, dont have any other debt with this bank.

This is the extract of the letter I sent before proceedings commenced.

"I enclose herewith Judgment which shows that your client previously withdrew this claim on 6th May 2010.

Any proceedings commenced against me will be vigorously defended and an application to strike out your claim will be made and costs awarded against you"

HH