Rapid reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just finished a temporary 3 month work contract,last day was friday..

Was going to fill out the paperwork for JSA on line but it says to ring as it would be classed as a rapid reclaim....I was on JSA before the temp work.

I will do so in the morning..I was receiving a small amount of WTC do i have to inform them my contract is finished or will JSA do this for me..

You need to inform them; they are two seperate entities. Even if JSA advise they will inform them, the onus falls on you to declare the change, so if anything goes awry with notification, it's you that would be responsible for the overpayment. There may be a 4 weeks run on of WTC - ask them about this when you ring. 0845 300 3900.

Re the rapid reclaim, 3 months is a dodgy figure. Was the work below 12 weeks or over? If over, it's not a rapid reclaim you need, it's a fresh claim.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

The straightforward answer is: don't assume JSA will do this for you, inform WTC yourself.

There is a project being mooted called "Tell Us Once", which is supposed to allow transfer of information between government departments. At the moment, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry about it... :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Re the rapid reclaim, 3 months is a dodgy figure. Was the work below 12 weeks or over? If over, it's not a rapid reclaim you need, it's a fresh claim.

I'm pretty sure its a 26 week period for Rapid Reclaims, not 12. It was 3 months at some point in the past but they changed it a little while back

Tillysocute:

If you've had a recent claim its best to ring and check if a RR is appropriate since the two online processes have no way of establishing if you have claimed before. They will therefore treat you as if you have never been in touch with the department in the past.

private hudson is absolutley right, it has changed to 26 weeks

My apologies, Tillysocute.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Please make sure you tell HMRC straight away or you could end up having to repay tax credits. I speak from experience, I claimed Incapacity and got Income support in 2006. They only paid me £16 a week because of the WTC I received, I thought this was okay as I still only had the same amount of money. The following year I found I had to repay all the tax credits, 7 months worth at nearly £77 a week!!!!! Nice.

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT