Watchdog - McDonalds and MET Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tonight's Watchdog programme highlighted MET Parkings [problem] with Maccy D's charging you for overstaying or returning to McD's within a timed period.

They briefly featured one customer who ignored MET's invoices, the debt collectors letters and the scary solicitors letters.

No mention of the unenforcability of these invoices or advice to ignore them. I thought Watchdog were supposed to educate and inform the public. :evil:

Unfortunately Watchdog never learn or tell the full picture.

They could do with spending some time on the Parking Forum on CAG. :lol:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Guest Old_andrew2018

At least some people will be aware of the [problem], and proves McDonalds really don't care about their customers.

I have to agree, I was rather frustrated that they didnt show the whole "scheme" to be a [problem]

only glimmer of hope was that McD's were looking into a better system.

Me thinks, that all they will do is nothing.

While ever folk use these dumps, then they will just call them punters and use them as cash cows.

This company seems to hold its customers(mugs) in utter contempt.

Vote with your feet, and have a nice fresh teacake, butter and nice strawberry jam, buy a flask, and bingo jobs a gooden.

I took jam and bread everyday for my snap on the big iron road for 27 years, and not an unenforceable invoice in sight.

No mention of the unenforcability of these invoices or advice to ignore them. I thought Watchdog were supposed to educate and inform the public. :evil:

Why would the BBC advise people to ignore the charges? How would they know that every charge was unenforceable wittout the case details? They highlighted that nothing had actually happened to the person that had ignored them and left it up to the viewer to come to their own conclusion. I don't think it would be responsible of the BBC to tell viewers to ignore every parking charge since they are unable to tell if it is enforceable or not and could be held liable if the person was taken to Court and lost.

Obviously it was going to be a lame report thanks to the BBC and their 'comedy' consumer programme. Not sure why a sports journalist presented it!

The PPCs must be rubbing their hands at a 7 minute slot on primetime which added credence to their 'parking charges'.

Nice to see the BBC didn't use the word 'fine' though (even though the numpty in the car managed to sneak one in!)

Nice to see letters, although the inference was that court was imminent. Would have been nice to hear "the last one was 2 months ago and I've heard nothing since".

I don't think it would be responsible of the BBC to tell viewers to ignore every parking charge since they are unable to tell if it is enforceable or not and could be held liable if the person was taken to Court and lost.

An interview with an 'expert' giving his own personal opinion would sort that, as seen on an ITV programme a while back. The only guy I've seen on TV who actually says "ignore them. Their bark is worse than their bite."

About time Martin Lewis did a Tonight programme on them.

It could have been worse, they at least recognised the charges for essentially what they were.

The only bit I really didn't like was when they listed all the added charges without properly challenging their validity. Hopefully they will give an update on that person's situation when absolutely nothing happens to her.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

already posted on another similar thread

the comment that was made "you might get a ticket for filming the parked car"

just how thick are Mac DEE's and these [problematic] ???????????

next one will be , your front wheels were not straight

and as the monkeys from MET that do look in " your [causing problems] profits taken a drop yet ?? I hope so" they soon will when the MOJ anounce the new regs that your [causing problems] low life companies will have to conform to.

PS, any want some cheap share's in a few parking companies hitting rock bottom :D

I posted a comment on their thread. It said these are unenforceable and people should ignore them - advice from here.

It got rejected as it may be considered defamatory.

Against who ? Doesn't say.

So I replied and I'm afraid I may have suggested they are pathetic, which they are.

My comment is "awaiting moderation" and as no begger works weekends or bank holidays it'll be that way for a while!

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

DPA letter delivered by hand 04/04/06

Statement request confirmed & DPA payment refunded! 06/04/06

• 1 year later...

McDonalds treat their customers with utter contempt. Their management team refuse to deal with customers and pass you from pillar to post just to make you go away.

Times Food Critic, Giles Coren famously stated that McDonalds are an organisation that has had the most negative impact on health of the nation since salmonella! Now they not only corrupt young children with a love for junk food, but fine the parents £100 for parking in their resturants.

If anyone wants to complain feel free to write directly to the head of European Operations or the UK:

CEO UK - Jill McDonald - her PA is lindy steele

Email Addresses are Firstname.surname (ATsign) uk.mcd.com

CEO Europe- Steve Easterbrook - his PA is stefani janvier

Email Addresses are Firstname.surname (ATsign) eu.mc.com

Don Thompson is the President and CEO of the Global Company