metropolitan credit services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need help i have been trying to make payment to metropolitan credit services for the last three days and they cannot access my account i have been making regular payments for the last 3 yrs i am worried they will take money straight out of my bank account i cannot understand this plese help

well i have tried to ring them and have got through and they keep saying cannot access file on myself and i find this very hard to believe as they keep harassing me about upping payments which i keep telling i cannot and that i have a written agreement which shows beginging date and end date of payments in the end they gave me their sort code and account number and i went to hsbc to pay over the counter as i was worried they would take all my wages when they go in they dont realise people like myself that we struggle and that is why we have these debts as our cirrcumstances have changed

and you believe them??

golden rules on being in debt

Do not speak to the DCA Phone Drone

Everything in writing

do not bank with the same bank that you owe a debt to

do not set up Direct Debits

do not pay by debit card/credit card

everything in writing

and finally

DONT BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY

they hAVE NOT SAID THEY WOULD TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT JUST THEY COULD NOT ACCESS MY FILE BUT I HAVE PAID EVERY PAYMENT EVEN THIS MONTHS AND I HAVE A RECEPT SHOWING THIS

But Surely If I Am Paying Regulary Then They Cannot Do This That Is Why I Went Straight In To Pay My Monthly Amount

Unfortunately for us who are honest and play by the rules would like to think that they would do the same, it is not in their nature nor is it good business practice for them to play by the rules or be fair.

As PGH says open another account with a different bank, and don't give them the details of it, continue to pay them through your old bank account, and only leave enough money in there to cover the monthly payments.

Don't talk to them over the phone, keep everything in writing, unless of course your recording your phone calls?

Send everything to them via recorded delivery or get proof of postage at the very least.

And heed PGH's advice!:D

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I Am So Sorry Did Not Mean To Shout I Am Very Grateful For Your Advice But Cannot Change Bank At The Moment As Wages Goes In Very Soon And Need Every Penny I Am Very Worried They Take All My Wages Even Though I Have Made A Payment This Month Thank You For Your Help I Am Finding This Very Helpful

You can always send the bank a right of appropriation, two seconds I'll dig it out...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/628-is-your-bank-taking-away-your-subsistence-money

There you go, have a read and see if it applies to you.

Boo..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I Cannot Thank You Both Enough You Have Both Been Helpful Thanks Never Thought There Were People Out There So Vindictive If Thats The Right Word Yes Maybe I Am Paranoid I Dont Know X

I Cannot Thank You Both Enough You Have Both Been Helpful Thanks Never Thought There Were People Out There So Vindictive If Thats The Right Word Yes Maybe I Am Paranoid I Dont Know X

Your very welcome, it's such a shame that more people don't learn their consumer rights, as these companies have been abusing our lack of knowledge for too long and getting away with it.

They are not really vindictive they are just poor phonedrones on the minimum wage that boost their income by getting people to pay more than they can afford by what ever means comes to hand.

You have to feel sorry for them in some small way, a very small way:)

Just joking - sod em all they deserve everything we can throw at them:D