Lying / Clueless copper cost us £100

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ghosh does not set out a definition of dishonesty, but merely provides a test for establishing it.

Ghosh has to be read in the light of earlier cases such as Gilks; which established a purely subjective test. Ghosh however questions Ds actions with regard to the opinions of reasonable people - would they see it as dishonest and did D know that they would see it as dishonest?

The test in Ghosh still applies to Fraud, much to the dismay of some (including the law commission in thier consultation on the matter.)

Yup, my bad. Sloppy on my part.

If anything I say on this forum is construed as advice, it's probably worth almost as much as you paid me for it

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your point still stands though.

It would have to be shown that there was dishonesty with the intent to cause loss/ gain blah blah...

Yup. I though I'd added that [and more!] to my message, but it seems to have been eaten in the ether twixt here and there.

If anything I say on this forum is construed as advice, it's probably worth almost as much as you paid me for it