Statute Barred Debt - help required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had posted on another thread and DonkeyB (thanks Donkey) suggested I start my own and get some help on how to deal with these idiots!!!

In short the last acknowledgement of the debt (payment) was 30/09/2002, I have moved house several times since this and received a letter dated 23rd March 2010 from Ruthbridge Ltd demanding immediate payment or they would start bankruptcy action, after checking as I always do on consumer direct I realised this was statute barred and duly sent the statute barred letter via email to there email address on the letterhead on the 6th April 2010, no response to this. I then received a letter on the 20th April, suprisingly dated 6th April (same date as my email) it was just a copy of the original demanding payment or they woudl proceed with bankruptcy action. I realised my error in sending the statute barred letter via email so sent it recorded with a copy of my email attached stating ' for the avoidance of doubt that you received my email here is the recorded letter'.

In response I have now received the same demand letter again offering me a discount of 50% if I settle before 7th May 2010, and copies of my original loan agreements, income forms etc and a print out of payments made which confirm that the last payment on my account was 30th September 2002. On the bottom of the letter in handwriting not type print, yes I kid you not, is written P.S. Date default registered was the 5/11/04 by vendor.

DonkeyB has suggested that I should draft some sort of response to them as I am right in that the last payment date is which to base statute barred on not the default registered date, which incidently wasn't received by me. Could someone in the know please advise what this response should say, and also I have been advised to report them to OFT and the SRA as they are solicitors.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Thanks havinastella, I haven't sent that letter and will do so now of course by recorded delivery!! Firstship - it was originally a loan with Welcome finance for a car, the car was wrote off due to an electrical fault and caught fire, they had the money from the insurance but said I still owed the balance.