Insurance Cancelled - No Refund?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have been using Adrian Flux for four years for the insurance of a camper. This year the renewal went ahead as usual and I paid the policy in advance for the year.

I am used to getting lots of junk emails from them but I did get one requesting a mileage form be completed. I also had a chasing call. I confirmed I had sent it back and was informed that a letter would come out confirming the policy was due for cancellation but not to worry.

I have now had a letter confirming that my policy has been cancelled and that I must return the documents. Obviously I am less than pleased and I stated they needed to either re-instate the policy or refund me the pro-rata nine months of insurance I have not had. Their response has been that I will get no refund and the policy will remain cancelled.

How on Earth can they take nine months of premium for no provision of service? They maintain they did not get a copy of the form in the post, and they have chased a couple of times so I can accept they might want to cancel the policy, but surely that is their decision and I should not be penalised financially for it?

Thanks to anyone who has some suggestion.

James

You need to make a formal complaint to Adrian Flux head office, advising them that you want to proceed to the FOS, so require their final response letter.

The FOS would charge Adrian Flux a £500 case fee and it would cost you nothing, apart the time and postage to make the complaint to the FOS.

If Adrian Flux believe you will be going to the FOS, they will I think change their minds.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread