My Landlord in Administration.Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

please help please help please help please help please help please help

My landlord in Administration.

i received a letter from Leader lettings to the "Current tenants" informing me that my landlord is no longer my landlord and i should pay them the rent? the also say any money i paid before 9th of April is not a valid payment? "and may therefore affect your rent history"??

my contract is assured short hold tenancy agreement renewed from 15 of November 2009 with 2 months notice and option to leave after 6 months.

I want to know :

1. is may contract still valid? if so can they give me my deposit back. ?

2. i have given notice to leave the property when 6 moths are up. do they have to honor that? if not can i leave now?

3. what happens to the rent i payed before the 9th of April. ?

please help me am not sure what to do :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thanks

:)

Edited by halinlondon

• 3 weeks later...

Ask the agents for the name and address of the landlord of the property i.e the owner - they have legal obligation to do this by law. You can also do a search to verify who the owner is by doing a serch on the land registry website I think its about £4 that will give you the name of the owner it won't give you their address though. If your landlord is in administration you should have been contacted with the company that is dealing with the landlord administration they will provide you with an official looking letter that confirms their appointment. Furthermore if your landlord is an individual private owner i.e not a company he would be going bankrupt not 'in administration' only companies go into adminstration. You will need to do some digging and if in doubt hold the rent in a seperate account and notify whoever is requesting money that you are holding the rent and don't spend it keep it ready for when they exp;ain what is going on. I would also ask about your tenancy deposit and where that is!

"I received a letter from Leader lettings to the "Current tenants" informing"

I take it that current tenants is how they addressed the letter. If so, I would be very suspicious of this or any letter about anything official where they have not put your name.

Sounds like those emails you get supposedly from banks asking you to confirm your details/log on to your internet banking through a link supplied by them that are addressed to "valued customer", etc.

There is a Leaders Letting Agency. They have a professional looking website and seem to be on the level. Take a look at their website to see if the details match: Leaders Letting Agents UK - Property to Let, Flats and Houses for Rent

Knowledgeispower is right you need to check this out further before you pay your rent to them. Ask them the questions suggested and also try to get in touch with your landlord or letting agency you have been dealing with up to now as well.