Fredrickson's - Statute Barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I will wait and see what happens next. I'm feeling a lot calmer since I sent the letter before.

Thanks everyone for your help. You are all fantastic and have made it possible for me actually sleep last night!

Sorry to butt in on your thread just wondering if anyone can help I have a statute barred debt with confirmation from themselves that the last payment received was by DD 30/09/2002, I have sent statute barred letter and they have now responded with an offer to pay 50% or they will still take court action, they have added a P.S. in handwriting on the bottom of the typed letter stating the default was only registered 05/11/2004 (seriously I kid you not in handwriting!!). Is this just a scare tactic, am I correct that this is statute barred from date of last payment NOT the default, which incidently I never received as they sent to an old address?? Please could someone just confirm. Thanks

Yup, this is a pretty disgusting tactic and it's one that should be reported to trading standards and especially the OFT. If the letter came from a solicitor, report them to the SRA also.

It's against OFT rules to attempt to mislead you in this way.

Who is the DCA?

If you start a thread of your own, you'll get help in writing a great letter in response. If you really want some fun, invite them to take you to court...

Thanks Donkey, they are in fact a solicitors Ruthbridge Ltd, just about to start a thread of my own to see how I approach the OFT and SRA etc and a response to them would be great!! Thanks for putting my mind at rest

Thanks Donkey, they are in fact a solicitors Ruthbridge Ltd, just about to start a thread of my own to see how I approach the OFT and SRA etc and a response to them would be great!! Thanks for putting my mind at rest

Ah, a spate of duplicate postings everywhere at the same time! A CAG website glitch, I imagine.

You could cause them an awful lot of trouble with that letter. However, I bet they will blame a rogue employee or claim 'admin error'! For them to threaten legal action AFTER you have informed them it's SB is a gross breach on its own, but its seriousness is further compounded by their attempt to mislead you. Take 'em to the cleaners.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a letter from Fred's today in response to my prove it letter stating that they are no longer instructed in the matter and have returned the account to their client (Lowell's). Presumably I will start getting threats from them soon?!