B&Q car park knock - is there a legitimate insurance claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH had a bump in a B&Q car park just after Christmas. In his words a yobbo was driving round like a maniac and they ended up just bumping into each other. There didn't appear to be any damage to either vehicle and he did actually hand over a business card with all his details on at the time.

He thought no more about this until he had some weird letter from a company calling themselves Equity Claim and wanting a copy of his driving licence, front and back. As he was with Swinton I actually advised him to just ignore it as I thought it was a buy it off the internet trying it on kind of thing.

There was a further letter from this company that appeared to be saying they wanted to help my OH but again that was ignored. Now he finds that there is an outstanding claim against him. His insurance company say that if he writes to them stating that he refutes the claim that they will clear it off, but can anyone please advise where he stands legally on this please. IMHO I think that probably both parties were at fault here!

It is an urban myth that accidents in car parks are not covered by the same rules and regulations that apply to the road, (only private land is exempt from that).

If an accident occurred in a B&Q car park both drivers should have exchanged details, your husband needs to complete an accident report form (claim form) and state fully how the accident occurred. That way your insurers can deny liability (insurers are aware of 'boy racers' haring around retail park car parks).

Mossy

Edited by Mossycat